calcium citrate help

meeshelle
on 7/7/13 11:27 am
RNY on 03/04/13

i am nearly finishing my supply of the caramel chewy bites from bariatric advantage and i am seriously starting to dislike them. I have been looking for a pill to swallow but am having a hard time since i would have to take 6-8 a day. Can anyone suggest a brand they use and where you get it  that maybe I havent come across yet?

Thanks!

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

Jen S.
on 7/7/13 12:02 pm

I just got these: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=YB-1042#.UdocBuCeupw

One of them is 35 cal and 500 mg of calcium citrate, which is less calories than (2) 250 mg caramel chewy bites. I take one of these a day and then 6 citrical petites. i am also going to try the calcet creamy bites as soon as they arrive in the mail, but just one a day. I have heard about upcal D and that is next on my list of things to try. Nothing easier than putting powder in a protein drink!

Ruby R.
on 7/7/13 12:15 pm

I have been using Upcal D for years.  I put chocolate GNC protein powder and Upcal D in my coffee.  works good for me.

Ruby

RNY  3/2005

262/128/146

hi/lo/today

Ruby  

RNY 3/2005    

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/7/13 12:15 pm - OH

I saw the VS calcium citrate chews the other day.  How is the taste? I am getting tired of the Calcet Creamy Bites (even with alternating the lemon and chocolate).  I use Upcal D for my morning dose most days, and the BA raspberry chews for a second dose, and then either pills or the Creamy Bites for the third dose.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Jen S.
on 7/7/13 12:22 pm

The Healthy Indulgence chocolate calcium citrate isn't bad. The texture isn't quite like candy (a little chalky once it is chewed up), which I think is a good thing! They have a dark chocolate taste with a hint of raspberry. Taking calcium 3x/day has been the hardest thing to remember for me. These have helped ;) I just ordered upcal d to add to my morning protein latte, which will help me a ton as well. I hate swallowing calcium pills. Even the citrical petites seem big. I ordered the healthy indulgence calcium through amazon and they were 14.99/box with free prime shipping - cheapest I found them anywhere.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/7/13 12:25 pm - OH

Thanks!  They have them in the Vitamin Shoppe store we have here, so I think I will go ahead and try a box.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

EdwinP
on 7/7/13 12:10 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

I use a mix up of things to get my daily calcium citrate requirement. UpCal powder that I can mix into anything as well as Calcet Creamy Bites (Lemon). They are each 500mg of Calcium Citrate. VitaLady has samples of both the Lemon and Chocolate creamy bites if you don't want to commit to something you may not end up liking. 

PetHairMagnet
on 7/7/13 12:26 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I am transitioning to the Celebrate chewable 500 Plus and I bought a bottle of each flavor so I can mix it up throughout the day.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

poet_kelly
on 7/7/13 8:50 pm - OH

That will be the case with any pill that you swallow.  Most pills are about 300 mg calcium citrate each (some, like the  citracal  petites, are less).  To make a pill with 500 mg calcium citrate, it would be HUGE.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

meeshelle
on 7/7/13 9:52 pm
RNY on 03/04/13

ok thanks for the choices, i never realized the idea of mixing it up with other products to break the monotony of it all... Where do you get the Upcal D from?

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 166 views