125 Pounds Down & Mud Run

dorky_kelly
on 7/8/13 12:42 am
RNY on 12/11/12

Just a little update on me!  As of today, I have lost 125 pounds, 100 since my surgery on 12/11/12.  Last month, I also did a 2-mile mud run at our local ski hill.  It was so much fun!

We took a chair lift to the top of the mountain and then there were different obstacles coming down.  Besides running through swampy areas, there was a log tight rope, river crossing, and lots of climbing.  And of course, some slip and slides.  It ended with a belly crawl through about 30 feet of mud.  It smelled wonderful... haha.

I was surprised to see that I was still the heaviest woman participating in my heat of the run.  There were heavier men, but no women.  I had thought about doing the run last summer, when I was 125 pounds heavier, and boy am I glad I didn't!  It was hard work and I completed every obstacle and didn't have to skip any.  I can't imagine doing it with 125 more pounds added onto my body!

I have been making good progress with my weight loss.  I am almost 7 months out and 100 pounds down.  Just 75 more to go!  I have had mini stalls here and there.  I get mad and then I don't weigh myself for a week and I like the next number better.  I have been pretty active outdoors this summer but would like to make working out more of a scheduled activity.  I just keep plugging away, doing what I do.  It's getting a little monotonous, so I have stopped tracking my food everyday.  I still do not eat any sweets, pasta, or bread.  I do have rice sometimes.  The only bread products I have are those Brownberry 100% Whole Wheat Deli Thins that are 100 calories.  I use them as buns for burgers and the occasional braut (my favorite thing in summer!).  I will also have some crackers once in a while.  Fruit has also been so good this year, and while high in sugar I still treat myself to some fresh strawberries and raspberries.  Other than that, I try to limit my carbs.  I take my vitamins and calcium everyday.  I have been keep track of my lab results through a handy-dandy spreadsheet that was passed around on OH, and everything is looking good.

The lower half of my body is smaller than the upper part, which has been a source of frustration.  I feel like I no longer know how to dress my body.  I am a size 16/18 in pants and a size 22/24 in tops.  I have to buy my pants in the misses section and my tops in the plus section.  I just want to fit into an XL shirt in regular sizes!  The moment I am able to fit into an XL shirt I am going on a shopping vacation!

AGE:  29  |  HEIGHT:  5'5"  |  HW:  375  |  SW:  349 (12/11/12)

Food Journal/Exercise Log 

Dar_Mab
on 7/8/13 1:08 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

You look like you were having a ball!     Way to go on your success that day and your post-surgery success to date!    You are very motivational!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

pattymac65
on 7/8/13 1:08 am

Awesome!  Get out there and keep having fun!!

saterry
on 7/8/13 1:32 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

WOW ! Way to seize your life and enjoy it to the fullest ! You look amazing !

martitalinda
on 7/8/13 1:57 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! what an awesome journey and most awesome venture ... HOW FUN! You look fit and FABULOUS ... CONGRATS!!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

LilyBugsMommy
on 7/8/13 5:14 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

My friend and I are planning on doing one of these next summer! I can't wait, it looks like so much fun, lol! Congrats!!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

dorky_kelly
on 7/8/13 5:41 am
RNY on 12/11/12

Thanks, everybody!  I definitely recommend a mud run if you are looking for something different than a plain old 5k.  Not that I don't love me a 5k. 

AGE:  29  |  HEIGHT:  5'5"  |  HW:  375  |  SW:  349 (12/11/12)

Food Journal/Exercise Log 

E R.
on 7/8/13 6:16 am - Switzerland

Thanks for sharing your photo. You are an inspiration!

RNY:  4 June 2013

Dee.spunk
on 7/8/13 7:12 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh wow! That looks like so much fun! Congrats in your success so far! Keep up the good work!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 298 views