Plantar Fasciitis-GONE!!!

bbearsmama
on 7/11/13 12:53 am
RNY on 02/28/13

I am so incredibly excited! The main reason that I had this surgery is because of my plantar fasciitis in my right foot. I was completely miserable.  I had tried everything--painful cortisone injections, sleeping with a night splint, custom orthotics, icing, stretching, etc. I had tried everything short of surgery. The surgery for PF is not always successful and I figured that my weight was the main reason that my poor foot was hurting so badly! 

I am so delighted to say that I no longer have foot pain!! I can't tell you how liberating this feels! I had gotten to the point where I hardly did anything because it was so painful. I didn't want to go to the zoo with my kids, the fair, take a walk, etc. Of course that only made me gain more weight. I have been on two trips this summer where I walk constantly and have not had any foot pain at all!

I just wanted to share this victory. Looking better has definitely been a plus to this surgery but not having any foot pain has been the biggest benefit/reward from this journey!

I also want to give a shout out to AlaskaSusan for suggesting Dansko shoes! I bought a pair and they are AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for the suggestion! 

Have a great day friends!!

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

aesposito
on 7/11/13 12:56 am

I am totally with you on that!  For years, my feet felt like they were on fire any time I stood up thanks to plantar fasciitis.  Stretching helped a bit, but not for long.  Now I can say I don't remember the last time they hurt...

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

bbearsmama
on 7/21/13 2:32 pm
RNY on 02/28/13

Isn't it wonderful?  I will never take my pain-free feet for granted again!! So glad that your feet are doing well, too!!

chulbert
on 7/11/13 12:57 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I'm so happy for you!

I was lucky enough to develop plantar fasciitis as I was losing weight.  I guess it was due to more activity, changing feet, and the altered mechanics of walking with less stuff in the way.  It has mostly cleared up by now but I am super-sympathetic to anyone who suffers from this condition.

Justcallmesuz
on 7/11/13 1:00 am
RNY on 05/08/13

How wonderful!!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

BWB
on 7/11/13 1:10 am

Same here.  I managed to find help with orthordics (sp?) and  weight loss.  Buying proper shoes helps too.  I'll have to try the Dansko shoes because someone else told me, years ago, about them.

purpleswingline
on 7/11/13 1:47 am - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

I am so glad you don't hurt anymore, I am one of the success stories for surgery on it.  I had both feet done, a year apart, and I have been pain free.  I had a wonderful foot surgeon who knew what he was doing.

bbearsmama
on 7/21/13 2:33 pm
RNY on 02/28/13

That is awesome! Was your surgeon reluctant to do the surgery?  One of my girlfriends had it done too and she feels great now! Was your surgeon a podiatrist or an orthopedic surgeon?

So glad you're pain-free!!

purpleswingline
on 7/21/13 7:50 pm - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

He was a podiatrist.  He was not reluctant at all to do the surgery after trying to help the problem through shots in my foot several times.  I think it was a cortisone shot.    When he saw that that was not working he said we could do the surgery.  It was a particular type surgery that he personally has perfected in the field and has taught several other podiatrist how to do it.  I am so sorry to say he is no longer in practice. 

purpleswingline
on 7/21/13 7:53 pm - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

I do honestly think that it was brought on by my sudden weight that I had gained within a few years.  When you research the causes it shows that sudden weight can be a factor.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views