Need help - waiting for surgery to get scheduled

Jessica H.
on 7/10/13 3:11 am - North Royalton, OH
RNY on 08/05/13

So I went through all the pre-op testing and such.  I waited anxiously and as patiently as I could (which was hard!) for 2 weeks to hear that I got approved for surgery from my insurance.  I thought the waiting was done.  Nope.  Apparently I am waiting for my surgeon's nurse to call to schedule my surgery and pre-op appts.  Well my insurance approved the surgery July 1st.  How much longer should I have to wait? 

I am going CRAZY.  I need a date.  My work needs a date.  I will be fine waiting for surgery when I know how long I have to wait for.  But this is horrible. 

Jessica

http://www.thebariatricdiva.com 

poet_kelly
on 7/10/13 3:20 am - OH

Why not call the nurse instead of waiting for her to call you?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jessica H.
on 7/10/13 3:30 am - North Royalton, OH
RNY on 08/05/13

Hey Kelly.  I called when I first learned that I was approved for the surgery from my insurance.  The clinic had record that it was approved too.  They told me to wait for the nurse to call and that it would be 3-5 business days.  I think today is business day #5 or #6, depending on when they received the notification.  I dont want to bug them but I might end up calling today or tomorrow.  Ugh!

Jessica

poet_kelly
on 7/10/13 3:33 am - OH

I'd just call and say she hasn't called yet and ask to speak to her.  If she's not available, leave her a message.  If she doesn't call back in a day or two, try again.  If she still doesn't get back to you, then I'd ask to speak to her supervisor.  I'd be polite about it, but I'd call.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jhbean21
on 7/10/13 3:24 am - MD
RNY on 09/17/13

I'm in the same boat as you but a little behind you. I'm waiting for the surgeon's office to call to let me know that I've been medically approved which has taken over a month. I've called them three times now and they keep telling me my file is on the surgeon's desk. Apparently the other surgeon in this practice was injured and my surgeon has had to take up his patients. They can't even submit to insurance until the surgeon medically approves me! The waiting is killing me...every time my phone rings I get excited only to be disappointed. Ugh!!!!!

Jessica H.
on 7/10/13 3:31 am - North Royalton, OH
RNY on 08/05/13

That's crazy.  I'm sorry you're waiting for that.  I know exactly how you feel about waiting for the phone and getting excited when it rings!  I feel like I'm 16 and waiting for a boy to call and ask me on a date.  LOL.

Jessica

emmalyn
on 7/10/13 3:39 am

Sorry that you are going through the waiting game, its the suckiest game in the world! lol.  I was told I was approved and scheduled for surgery in the same phone call, I really don't understand why it would take so long for them to call you get you scheduled. I would definitely call and leave a message. You are right, you need a date and your place of work needs a date, you have waited long enough on them.

pamela258
on 7/10/13 3:49 am
with
I was called today to finally get the word that they had submitted to Insurance. They say it takes at most 2 weeks. After approval, we have to wait to get a surgery date also. Move over, there's lots of us in this boat.

RNY - 8/12/2013

Jessica H.
on 7/10/13 3:51 am - North Royalton, OH
RNY on 08/05/13

Haha!  This boat kind of sucks.  :)  I was so relieved to hear insurance approved me.  But now I'm a bundle of nerves again waiting for a date!

Jessica

Lilly9610
on 7/10/13 3:59 am
I feel your pain! I'm in the boat to, I have been waiting for a surgery date for 4 weeks, I don't think they realize how much anxiety it relieves just to hear that date...you are not alone I jump every time the phone rings lol
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics