Hope for RNYers with Psoriasis

plum21
on 7/19/13 1:29 am - Miami, FL

Hi everybody,

I'm three years out and used to have awful awful psoriasis. I was doing all sorts of injections that helped somewhat but not completely. the last injections I was on was Enbrel, and before that Raptiva and before that something else. it took awhile and I'm not sure what the cure was, but between diet and exercise I've lost 95% of my psoriasis. It may have been that I don't do much dairy and also not much gluten - I'm not gluten-free or dairy-free, I've just reduced both drastically. Also I exercise. I eat lots of fruits and almonds. I still get an occasional small flare up, but psoriasis had been such an awful affliction, I despaired of ever wearing short sleeves or skirts. Now I wear them all the time.

So good luck and if you figure out what helped you get over psoriasis, let me know. We'll compare. So good to be off those meds, which have lots of BAD long term side effects, and are super expensive even if you're insurance is paying for them, they're paying loads.

Cheers

VintageChick
on 7/19/13 8:59 am, edited 7/19/13 8:59 am

I hope my post-RNY diet improves my psoriatic arthritis. I haven't had skin problems for years, but sometimes the joint inflammation is ridiculously miserable. 

Glad to see you have relief from the skin patches. :)

Jaime1076
on 7/20/13 12:06 am

My dermatologist told me about a study that was done that correlated psoriasis and gluten sensitivity. I have completely cut out gluten and my psoriasis has gotten 100 percent better.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 214 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics