Wellbutrin XL

bneill38
on 7/25/13 10:32 am
I had to get off it my dr. Said it wouldn't absorb.so check to be sure.
Needanewbeginning
on 7/25/13 2:46 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Ok checked with pharmacy and Glaxo, folks who make Wellbutrin. They only make extended release. SR is best for RNY patients if taken with small amount of fluid or better yet apple sauce we can absorb a fair amount of its ingredients. But if possible would need to take this a minimum of twice per day at separate intervals. The makers of Wellbutrin (nor was my pharmacy although I am in Canada maybe this s why?) but they don't have a non extended release generic brand. Do you have its name and I can look into this further? 

Many thanks

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Karen K.
on 7/29/13 2:35 am - Weymouth, MA

I was put on Wellbutrin a number of years post op...as my prior regimen was no longer effective.  I started with SR tablets...I think in 100 mg three times a day.  I wasn't quite "right" still and dr and I decided that the IR may work better and also brought my dose up a bit.  I now take !00 mg IR 4 x a day and it works well for me.  I think WB is one of the best anti-depressants out there....(and I have been on a few!)

I had to learn a tough lesson regarding my meds and treatment of my mood disorder.....I thought the chaos in my life was all because of other people and other things- not considering that maybe I needed to look at the biochemical piece in ME!  Not that I in fact made contributions in many areas...but when I got to the point that I had a suicide plan...it scared me into addressing my medications.  I was under medicated and made a serious attempt to get well.  This meant inpatient treatment and another 6 weeks out of work as I tried different ****tails.  It was a really tough thing to go thru but once I felt the right mix...my life changed simply because I finally had clarity. 

I mention all this because psyche meds are serious business and it's great to stay aware and question everything re: your care and good for you for being proactive!  

nursegal132
on 7/29/13 3:32 am - CALGARY, Canada
Thanks for being so honest. I've been on Wellbutrin for almost a year. I think it works ok but...... So maybe w 100SR 3x a day it will work better. Here in Canada they don't have IR so it's my best option for now. If I'm no better on a month or so.... I might just go to an inpatient basis. I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I cry all ok not all but most of the time. Mood outbursts. When is enough. My husband is tired of the depression just told me I'm a lo

nursegal132
on 7/29/13 3:37 am - CALGARY, Canada
Hi Karen
Thanks for being so honest. I've been on Wellbutrin for almost a year. I think it works ok but...... So maybe w 100SR 3x a day it will work better. Here in Canada they don't have IR so it's my best option for now. If I'm no better on a month or so.... I might just go to an inpatient basis. I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I cry all ok not all but most of the time. Mood outbursts. When is enough. My SO is tired of the depression just told me I'm a looser and to go die in a corner. Not a bad idea. But I won't. I want help. I'm trying its just never good enough. I'm sorry you probably Didnt need me to tell you all this so thank you for being an angel. I moved out west 2.5 years ago to work towards getting married and I'm miserable. I have 2 girls out east 22 and 23 yrs and miss them more than I can handle some days. I'm sort of giving up and don't know the answer maybe God willing the 100 3x a day will help

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics