Lost

The_girl_next_door
on 7/26/13 2:18 pm
I had gastric bypass on 4/25/13 and I have seen terrific results! My hw: 277, sw: 249, and currently 193. I fit in normal sized clothes and can shop anywhere i would like. I can easily tie my shoes and run around the neighborhood. And I am constantly receiving compliments from all of the wonderful people around me. So where am I "lost" you may ask... It is with my husband. I used to love having a few drinks on the weekends with friends. I loved flirting and the entire fun- filled atmosphere that would lead to playfulness once we were home and in bed. Wink,wink! Now I have lost many pounds and my sex drive as well. I am not sure how to deal with all of this. Any suggestions?
MyLady Heidi
on 7/26/13 2:48 pm

Sorry that sucks.  It's like getting all dressed up and missing the prom.  I have no real suggestion other then to say your hormones change a lot during your loss, so hopefully things will straighten back out as you continue to lose.

Good Luck!

The_girl_next_door
on 7/27/13 1:10 pm
Thanks!
Laura in Texas
on 7/26/13 9:44 pm

Fake it till you make it?? Your hormones are going crazy now. Talk to your doctor if things don't get back to normal soon.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

LosingSarah
on 7/27/13 4:54 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Good advice! 

The_girl_next_door
on 7/27/13 1:11 pm
Thanks. I really didn't think ofhormones.
Mendie Thompson
on 7/26/13 11:40 pm - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

As said, your hormones are raging right now trying to figure out what's going on with all of the sudden change.  I had pretty significant swings for awhile too.  Went into the journey with a healthy sexual appetite, to a raging one for awhile...then to 'eh, doesn't even sound good' (thank God THIS swing was while my husband was away for work for several months)...and now back at my healthy appetite (which sucks cause he is gone again...*le sigh*).  You SHOULD even out at some point...I did around the 6 month or so mark.  If not, definitely see your doc...they can help ;)  Good luck to ya!

The_girl_next_door
on 7/27/13 1:14 pm
Thanks for the reply. I have thought of hormones making me emotional (which I am not.). I never thought about hormones playing a role in desires.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views