Have bone denisty test tomorrow morning and accidentally took a calcium supplement this...

Missy A.
on 7/25/13 11:48 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

My appt is bright and earlier tomorrow morning and I totally just remembered that I took a calcium supplement (out of habit) this afternoon. Is this going to mean they have to reschedule it. My appt is at the same time they open, so should I just go and hope they do it or should I just wait and call them to reschedule?

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

poet_kelly
on 7/25/13 12:03 pm - OH

I don't think so.  When I had mine, I was not advised not to take my calcium.  I just checked the Mayo Clinic website and they say no preparation is needed, and don't mention not taking any calcium the day before.  The University of California San Francisco Medical Center website says not to take any vitamin or mineral supplements the morning of your test, but they don't say anything about not taking calcium the day before.  The East Tennessee State University website also says not to take calcium the day of your test but nothing about the day before.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Missy A.
on 7/25/13 12:05 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Thank you so much Kelly! I forgot to "google" things when I have issues! LOL thanks for looking that up and commenting. I appreciate all you do for those on this site!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

poet_kelly
on 7/25/13 12:11 pm - OH

I figured different places that do the test would have instructions online.  And the Mayo Clinic website is really easy to find things on, and they include a section on "how to prepare" for any procedure they talk about on the site.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/25/13 3:48 pm - Windsor, Canada

It's like an xray of your bones.   What you took shouldn't matter. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 445 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views