Weight loss and night sweats? (For the ladies)

Joyceebaby
on 7/25/13 11:05 pm, edited 7/25/13 11:21 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

I've been on a 3 months stall (well serious slow down...like 7lbs in 3 months).  Then I had a huge incisional hernia repaired two weeks ago and WOOOOOOSH...I am losing weight SO fast again!!!  5 pounds in the last 6 days!

My question:   Do any of you ladies find, when you're going through a "speedy" weight dropping period, that you sweat a lot at night?  

I've had "menstrual" night sweats before, but this is nuts!  I've been waking up drenched every night for a week now.  Could it be that my metabolism has gone into overdrive?  Or is there another explanation?  (I'm relatively certain it's not hormonal.)

poet_kelly
on 7/25/13 11:39 pm - OH

Could be a drop in blood sugar during the night.  Eating a snack high in protein right before bed helps prevent night sweats for me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Joyceebaby
on 7/26/13 12:02 am
RNY on 11/29/12

Thanks Kelly, I will give that a try tonight.

Katie K.
on 7/26/13 5:09 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

I'm on the Depo shot, so I don't have a period. I don't recall getting night sweats when I did, though. Like Kelly said, I've heard that low blood sugar will do that to you, although I've never experienced that (yet), either. I do know that if I have too much salt during the day, I'll wake up in a pool of sweat. The first time, I thought I peed the bed, until I realized my pillow was just as soaked.

Missy A.
on 7/26/13 6:52 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

I have night sweats every single night, I went through surgery induced menopause 10 yrs ago so I know it's not that. Good to know that low blood sugar can cause night sweats. Thanks for asking that question!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?