Clear protein??

NurseBrandy
on 7/26/13 5:14 am

I've started "juicing" simply for the huge amount of vitamins and nutrients that I get from it. Does anyone know of a clear and flavorless protein that I could add to my juice?

Joyceebaby
on 7/26/13 5:35 am
RNY on 11/29/12

I'd be interested in the answer to this as well.  All of the "clear/flavorless" proteins I've every tried were neither clear nor flavorless.  

PetHairMagnet
on 7/26/13 5:40 am, edited 7/26/13 5:56 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Unjury makes one. But are you allowed juice on your plan? Mine forbids it. Too many carbs.

EDITED TO ADD: It is unflavored, but not flavorless as others have indicated.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

NurseBrandy
on 7/26/13 6:31 am

I haven't had surgery yet. Hoping for September. It's juice, from a juicer from fresh veggies and fruits :)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/13 5:46 am - OH

There is no such thing as flavorless protein.  The are UNFLAVORED protein powders, but that just means they don't have any specific flavor added; it doesn't mean tasteless.

i am not aware of any available clear protein except the already RTD, flavored ones like the Isopure and Cytomax protein waters.  Not sure their flavoring would go with the juice, though.

Just curious... Is your surgeon supportive of juicing?  My surgeon specifically called for limiting juice of any kind because of the high number of calories that often are in juices made with fruit.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NurseBrandy
on 7/26/13 6:32 am

Hello,

I haven't had my surgery yet, September if all goes well. I'm juicing, from all natural foods. Fresh veggies and some fruit. Putting them through a juicer, but adding no sugar.

angeleigh
on 7/26/13 8:29 am, edited 7/26/13 8:30 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I personally used the Syntrax nectar medical grade unflavored protein. It didnt seem to give much cloudiness to my SF hot cocoa, and it didnt have much flavor. I used it almost every day for the first 2 months. I have a friend who juices everything, and she uses an egg or soy protein powder, not sure what brand. Also you can buy a plant based one from like trader joes or natural food stores.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-powders/syntrax -nectar-medical-unflavored-16oz.html

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

NurseBrandy
on 7/26/13 8:32 am

Thank you for the info :)

CarolF3
on 7/26/13 5:35 pm - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

We were told not to use the plant based protein powders. 

Carol

r0bynn
on 7/27/13 2:02 am - AR
RNY on 08/05/13
I'm on my 2 week pre op diet and was told NOT to juice. Regardless of it being all natural and just fruits and veggies I was told no. Fruits bc of the amount of sugars because you're suppose to eat sugar free everything.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics