Is this normal?

kecldr3
on 7/30/13 12:24 pm
RNY on 08/14/13

I start my liquid diet tomorrow and in 2 weeks I have my surgery.  I am feeling very nervous/anxious.  Is that normal?  I am excited about finally getting to this point.  I so am looking forward to feeling better and not having to use a cain to get around.

Tonya

Needanewbeginning
on 7/30/13 12:31 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Yes, very very normal. I am nine weeks out and as of last week, I no longer use my cane! I still don't walk perfectly, I had a cardiac arrest and have some remaining damage and needed my cane. But, as the weight is coming off I have gotten stronger and have so much more balance. I truly am grateful for my RNY and actually just writing this realized that's an NSV! 

I was so nervous, really. Now, I am SO happy and feel amazing. You will as well pal. enlightened

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

kecldr3
on 7/30/13 12:37 pm
RNY on 08/14/13

Thank you so much Annette.  You make me feel better:)  I know it probably doesn't help that I have had people tell me horror stories about someone they knew that almost died.  I am so glad that you are doing better!  

Tonya

Needanewbeginning
on 7/30/13 12:58 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Please try not to listen to those with horror stories. They are very very rare. I am doing so amazing, you won't regret doing this. It still baffles my mind how well this s all going and how great I feel. 

You CAN do this. angry

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

sor09
on 7/30/13 12:55 pm

All true! Great too!

happygrandma
on 7/30/13 12:39 pm - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

VERY normal.  I think we all felt that way.  You will be so happy you did this.  Your liquid diet will be tough and you will question your decision many times.  Keep the prize in sight:

At 7 months out I can now wear normal size clothing.

I can keep up with everybody.

I weigh less than my husband for the first time in 35 years.

There's a new excitement in my marriage.

I'm not ashamed of the way I look and I feel wonderful.

Good luck to you.   Hang in there through the next two weeks, you don't have to be perfect every minute but follow your diet as closely as possible...........it's for your own good and a safe surgery.

Linda

kecldr3
on 7/30/13 12:44 pm
RNY on 08/14/13

Thanks Linda for your encouraging words.  I can't imagine wearing normal size clothing.  That seems so exciting! It has been over 21 years since I wore a size 14, and since I weighed less than my husband.  Congratulations:)

Tonya

happygrandma
on 7/30/13 1:04 pm - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

I never thought it would happen for me, that I'd ever be under 200 pounds.  My loss has been slower than others and I'll never be skinny (revision from lap band) but I am so happy I did it.  Good luck, the next few months will fly by.

kecldr3
on 7/30/13 9:09 pm
RNY on 08/14/13

Wow! congratulations on your weight loss!   Thanks so much for the good wishes:)  

Tonya

karenp8
on 7/30/13 1:23 pm - Brighton, IL

Nerves .are totally normal. There are very few people who have complications from gastric bypass surgery. I had my surgery 11months ago and have gone from a tight size 24 to a size 2. Even better,my back and knee pain are gone and my blood sugar and blood pressure are now normal. I now love to exercise and do 5ks for fun. I feel like I am living my life now and not just sitting back and watching my family. If I can do this you can too!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics