Ultrasound & Kidney Stones

Angela_Italiana
on 7/31/13 3:33 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Finally saw a urologist because of my Kidney Stones (4 ER visits from Kidney Stones in five weeks). It's been a rough month that's for sure! Because they do not want me to go in for another CAT Scan (too much radiation) they did an ultrasound today to look at my kidneys and to see if any more stones are waiting "in the batters box", if you will. I'm leaving on vacation this Sunday, whi*****ludes a 10 hour plane ride. I know it's unlikely, but the idea of having a stone pass way up there with no where to go is driving me a little crazy. Anyone with any experience will tell you that the only place you want to be is somewhere where pain medication is about to be served to you through an IV.

I am taking my Percocet with me, but this last Friday when I had another attack, I took two Percocets and the pain was so strong I swore those pills were no stronger than a Flintstones chewable vitamin!

Hopefully the Urologist will have some good news for me tomorrow. Thinking happy thoughts!
PetHairMagnet
on 8/1/13 12:24 am
RNY on 05/13/13
Oh goodness! That sounds awful! Here is to either passing them now OR having them wait until you land!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics