ALMOST THERE!

James1970
on 8/3/13 11:04 am - Anderson, CA

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here! My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday the 6 th of August, and I am getting really anxious. I have been through a lot of studies/ test to get here, and my insurance almost didn't approve my surgery. I made it though, and I think this must be meant to be. I have read several of the post the rest of you have posted, and that has really helped me with my anxiety.

Dorkgirl_41
on 8/3/13 11:27 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Congratulations! Yes, it is nerve wracking the few days before surgery. You're normal! These next 3 days will fly and you'll soon be waking up to a healthier life. Good luck and be sure to keep us posted!

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

James1970
on 8/3/13 11:46 am - Anderson, CA

Thank you, and I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

Stacyjanp
on 8/3/13 11:34 am - NC
RNY on 09/30/13

I hope your surgery goes well and that you heal quickly.

please keep us posted on your progress!

Highest Weight 225. Day of Surgery Weight 212.

James1970
on 8/3/13 11:47 am - Anderson, CA

Thank you!

LuckiGins
on 8/3/13 11:40 am
RNY on 07/09/13

Yay! Congrats on taking these steps to a healthier you.  I am nearly 4 weeks post op and finally feeling normal.  I remember the day before my surgery, I had a severe panic attack.  It's a big deal.. you're changing your life forever.. being anxious is completely normal.  I was lucky to have ativan on hand.  I just took one and 30 minutes later my panic attack was gone.  The day of your surgery will go by so fast and most likely, you won't remember much.  The next day, you are well medicated and will be able to get up and walk around.  The biggest change for me was when I was going home.  It was super scary.  Just remember to drink as much as you can to keep hydrated.

Best of luck to you.

James1970
on 8/3/13 11:51 am - Anderson, CA

Thank you! My DR gave me some med's to take if I get too anxious, but I am hoping I will not need to take them. I am on a liquid diet right now \, and I am taking a lot of fluid right now just to keep from feeling hungry all of the time!

ebtiger24
on 8/3/13 11:44 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

Good luck. The worst part to me was leading up to it.  The first 3-5 days after you may wonder what in the world you've done to your body, especially if you never had major surgery before. That passes pretty quickly though. 

James1970
on 8/3/13 12:09 pm - Anderson, CA

I know I am doing the right thing! I have had two previous surgeries on my stomach for GERD, and started this journey attempting to get repairs done to the previous surgeries. The surgeon decided that RNY was my best option after I completed a very large battery of studies/ test, and all of my co-morbidities were taken into consideration. After researching RNY I feel I probably should have had a RNY instead of the previous NISSEN surgeries. The good news is I started this journey weighing 333 lbs back in February. and I now weigh 285 lbs. My goal weight s 185 lbs.

ebtiger24
on 8/3/13 12:16 pm - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I have no regrets. It was worth the hand ringing and recovery to me. I have my life back now. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 565 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 343 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 21 views
Recent Topics