Lab Question

meeshelle
on 8/4/13 12:27 am
RNY on 03/04/13

I have seen a post by someone having a list of labs to have done, but didnt see any comment on which ones. I am having my 6 month follow up at the beginning of September. Later this month the nurse will call me to set up lab appointment. What I would like to know is a list of what labs can/will be done. I would like to compare with the doctor will be running to make sure all my labs are where they need to be and make sure my doctor is doing a complete check. Can anyone help me out here if you had or have yours done?

Thank you

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

poet_kelly
on 8/4/13 12:31 am - OH

These are the labs I get done.

CMP
Lipid Profile
CBC with differential
B12
Bili-direct
Ferritin

Iron/TIBC

PTH
Magnesium
Folate
Thiamine (B1)

B6

Vitamin E

Vitamin K
Uric Acid
Vitamin A

Vitamin D (25 hydroxy)

Zinc
Phosphorus
Copper

Selenium

Prealbumin

Of course, I don"t know what labs your doc usually orders. But you can request any additional labs you want done.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

meeshelle
on 8/4/13 1:07 am
RNY on 03/04/13

Oh thanks so much! Prior to my surgery he did an iron panel vitamin b12/folate,TSH,vitamin a,vitamin d. I have not had any other labs by him since then. This will be my 6 month f/u. I did have labs done by my primary couple months ago which was potassium,liver function,gluclose,cholesterol that stuff.

thanks again that helps i like that when i get a copy it also shows the reference range of where i am.

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

poet_kelly
on 8/4/13 1:41 am - OH

Yeah, I'd want all the vitamins and minerals checked again by six months out.  That stuff can change pretty quickly, especially during the first year after surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 419 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Forum Search Error & 404