On Liquid diet..Have had dreams of eating food!

kecldr3
on 8/4/13 2:52 am
RNY on 08/14/13

I started my liquid diet, which is the 2 weeks prior to surgery.  I must say it was really hard the first day.  I had dreams about eating that night!!  Yesterday was my 4th day and I went to a family event with cookout food...hamburgers, brats, etc.  I ate my nutrimed bar while everyone else was eating this delicious food.  It was kind of hard, but I have to keep pushing forward for the goal, my RNY surgery. I did have dreams last night about eating again, but this morning is a big reminder of one of the reasons I am having the surgery.  Bad knees.  We did so much walking and I did okay, not out of breath, due to my increase in activity since working with the folks at Team Bariatrics.  Today I am so sore and in pain from walking so much.  I am so looking forward to not having so much pain after my surgery and enjoying life again, without having intense pain!

Tonya

muknanav
on 8/4/13 3:07 am - Erin, Canada

I had a few food dreams while on Opti too. I had a couple where I'd completely pigged out and woke up feeling so upset and mad at myself. Then so relieved that it was only a dream!! Crazy what our minds do to us, eh?

Best of luck with the rest of it and sleep well! ;)

Anita

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

kecldr3
on 8/4/13 8:53 am
RNY on 08/14/13

Hello Anita,

It is definitely crazy what our minds do to us.  I am so glad that it was only a dream.  I have come to far to give in to not being disciplined to stay on track:)  Thanks for your reply and I will try to sleep well:)

Tonya

gentlyonward
on 8/4/13 3:58 am - St. John's, Canada
RNY on 08/17/13 with

Food dreams here too!! I'm on day 9 (of 21, pre-op diet called for 14, but I wanted to push myself)... I'm lucky in that my plan allows me a salad with protein once a day up until 3 days before (then it's clear liquids only).. So I'm not really having that bad a time with it... I'm also craving the dumbest things... The thought of peanut butter toast, to be specific, is haunting me!!!

cheslie2001
on 8/4/13 5:24 am - ME

Peanut butter toast, YES!! ME TOO! What is that?! I am 3 1/2 wks post op and all I can think about is having a piece of peanut butter toast! hahaha

gentlyonward
on 8/4/13 5:26 am - St. John's, Canada
RNY on 08/17/13 with

LOL so strange!!! mmmmmmmmmmm toooooooooooooast.. XD Funny thing is... it's not even like it's something I ate a lot before!

hibbyangel
on 8/4/13 5:38 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

i also would love some peanut butter toast...yum

kecldr3
on 8/4/13 8:58 am
RNY on 08/14/13

Food dreams seem to be quite the norm.  You are very brave to extend your pre-op diet, congratulations on your awesome self determination.  I too can eat 4-5 ounces of protein and 1/2 a cup of veggies at dinner time.  Unfortunately in the case of attending the ball game, they don't allow you to bring in coolers of food or anything.  I did manage to slip a protein drink and protein bar in my purse:)   

It is so strange the cravings that come up in our minds.  You will be able to eat your peanut butter toast sometime in the future, just not now:)

Tonya

sarah_durso
on 8/4/13 4:09 am

I used to have dreams to the point I'd wake up thinking I ate !   My first night after surgery I dreamed about donuts .  It'll take awhile. It's like losing a good friend. 

kecldr3
on 8/4/13 9:06 am
RNY on 08/14/13

I think so much of it is psychological.  Our mind does not want to let go.  It is definitely mind over matter:)  

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  This forum is so helpful, it is like therapy being able to get your thoughts out when you experience something and having wonderful friends to share that they have been there and it is normal.  

Tonya

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 445 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views