Weight gain for the pro's

kevinj
on 8/6/13 5:35 am - NY

I had surgery over 2 years ago and have now begun to gain weight (25 pounds). I get "sick" whenever I eat. What's up?

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/6/13 5:38 am

Is it the types of food you are eating?

poet_kelly
on 8/6/13 5:40 am - OH

I don't know.  Do you mean you throw up every time you eat?  If so, how are you getting enough calories to gain weight?

Do you know how many calories you're eating in a typical day?  Are you getting much exercise?

What does your doctor say?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kevinj
on 8/6/13 5:45 am - NY

I get about 1500 calories per day, 115 protein. I do not throw up but get the sweats and feel like I want to throw up no matter what I eat (i.e. egg white omlette) Dr does not know what is happening. Blood work is all okay.

poet_kelly
on 8/6/13 5:47 am - OH

Other than blood work, what tests has the doctor ordered?  Endoscopy?  Gastric emptying study?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kevinj
on 8/6/13 5:48 am - NY

No other tests. They do not seem too concerned.

poet_kelly
on 8/6/13 5:49 am - OH

Then if I was in your position, I would either ask them order some other tests to try to find the cause of the problem or I would see another doc who is concerned.

cajungirl
on 8/6/13 5:54 am

Define how you feel sick?  What test has your medical team performed?  How long after eating?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

kevinj
on 8/6/13 5:57 am - NY

Sweating, feeling like I am going to throw up, very draining. Last's for a half hour or so.

cajungirl
on 8/6/13 6:41 am

Kevin is this immediately after eating or about 30 minutes to an hour after?  Have you checked your sugar?

It's definitely not normal, your doctor needs to run some test on you.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views