6 Weeks out!

glamourqueen64
on 8/13/13 1:39 pm, edited 8/13/13 1:43 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Well, I weighed myself this morning and the scale showed 221! That is 4 more lbs since last week! Down 12 lbs since surgery, 21 since beginning pre-op diet, and a total of 54 lbs. since beginning this journey in January! 

Still feeling wonderful! Walked an hour today with my dog! He loves going out with me! I may not be losing fast like others, but I am okay with that! I love trying new foods. Go to doc on Sept 6th for two month check up and blood work results that I will take at the end of August! So far, everything I eat has settled pretty good in the pouch! I am very careful about what I put in mouth so that I will not fall victim to vitamin or mineral deficiencies. 

I have eaten out about 5 times so far, and have gotten the "kids meal" and had plenty of leftovers for at least two more meals! Ate twice at Bob Evans (grilled chicken with broccilli), (chicken soup & side of brocilli). Then I just went to Western Sizzlen Stakehouse and got a soup/salad bar. Had cream of broccilli taste, salsibury steak taste, green beans taste, and some applesauce. The lady even gave me a box to bring the leftovers home! I also had chili at a local establishment, and had plenty of leftover for another lunch. Then yesterday evening, I went to the local ice cream stand with some friends and got a yogurt cone (sugar-free, fat-free). The beans and broccilli are good for my bowels. I just tried some refried beans heated with shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream. That was good! I put it on two crackers and that was supper!

I am having a good time trying different things! I ate some albacore tuna today with tartar sauce and some mustard! Yummy! I love canned chicken with Italian dressing!! Can't wait to keep exploring more combos!!

Have a great night all, and just wanted to say "Hi" and have a great week!!

glamourqueen64
on 8/13/13 1:43 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

trying to get my tickers working correctly!

HW: 275.4     SW:  233     CW:  180    GW:  150

jrjohnsonrn
on 8/13/13 6:17 pm - IA

sounds like you are doing awesome with post op!!  I am 7 weeks out today and have lost 25 pounds post op.  I am happy with the results, but of course, wi**** was a little faster.  My BMI was barely 40 when I had surgery, so the beginning weight effects how fast we loose, in my opinion.  But, I am sure that we will both be at goal before we know it. 

glamourqueen64
on 8/14/13 11:34 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Yep, not too worried about the numbers on that scale right now, cause I am just focusing on learning how to deal with the food. I lost 42 before surgery, so, I had surgery at 233. I am good with losing 12 lbs in 6 weeks.  I am doing what I am supposed to, and besides, I feel SO much better! Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Connie

bluesfan
on 8/13/13 11:01 pm - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

I, like you, have been having terrific results since surgery 5 weeks ago.  I don't own a scale, so I found out my weight loss when I went to the doctors on Monday.  I lost a total of 18.1 pounds.  He was amazed that I lost 17.9 pounds fat, and only .2 pounds muscle.  I must be doing something right ! LOL..I am happy with the weight loss, seeing I've had achilles tendonitis for nearly 2 months now, and the pain limits the amount of exercise I  can preform.  I am looking forward to when I'm healed and can get more exercise, thus more weight loss.Good luck to you all !

glamourqueen64
on 8/14/13 11:38 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Great job on your journey so far! I have to limit my walking now. I was walking everyday the first three weeks, and now that the heel spur has been acting up and giving me real problems, I try to walk one hour at least 3 days a week til it goes back down! It gets really, really sore since I work on my feet all day anyhow to begin with, so I am praying that it will go down soon, cause I want to exercise more than just 3 days a week! 

Much continued success!! 

Connie

CjHOhio
on 8/14/13 2:31 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Glad you are doing so well!

HW:365   SurgW:325  CW:274

glamourqueen64
on 8/14/13 11:42 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Hey, there! Thanks and I am glad too! I ate too fast again today on my 15-minute break at work, and got some of the tuna "stuck" again, and waited on a few customers before I had to say "excuse me" and chuck it up! After work, I had to go to Wendy's and order some chili for supper so I could be sure it would go down and get the nutrients I need!

How are you doing? You should be on soft/pureed foods now as well, right? I go see Doctor Lalor on Sept. 6th for my two month check up. I gotta go and get the blood work done the last week of August before I do go so I am praying that being "religious" with the vitamins & minerals will show good results with the blood work!

So, let me know what has been going on with you!! 

Much success on your journey, my friend!

Connie

CMT7831
on 8/14/13 4:58 am
VSG on 07/22/13
So happy your doing so well!!!! I love your attitude. I was a little in the dumps the past few weeks and today I got on the scale and lost another 3 lbs. I am 3 weeks almost 4 weeks out and have lost 15lbs since surgery and 28 since pre op diet. So it seems your not a slow loser but just right.
I have eaten out a few times also and gotten grilled chicken, steak and omelets. I have gotten at least 3 or 4 meals out of the regular sized portions. It is so amazing. You are doing great with experimenting. My doctor has me on only meat, cheese and eggs until Week 9 when I can introduce veggies again. I am so looking forward to that. Keep up the great work!!!!

glamourqueen64
on 8/14/13 11:48 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

I am on the soft/pureed stage, but am able to do some green vegetables that are not hard to digest. Broccilli is considered "hard" but I did try it and kept it down and it sure helps when I have constipation! Same with the green beans! I love me some canned chicken breast mixed with Italian dressing! yummy! My nephews liked it so well, they want their mother to keep some on hand for them!!

I like learning along the way about what makes me feel good, and helps and what to avoid at this point! I experimented with a marshmellow over the campfire, and did okay. took one small bite, waited, and nothing happened. But, that has been the only sugary thing I tried. I staying away from the sugar. Frankly, haven't had the gnawing to taste it again!

Great success on your journey and just remember all doctors are different, so follow your doctor's guidelines and things sound like they are going well for you!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views