5 mponths post op - some pics & comments!

Dar_Mab
on 8/13/13 10:05 am, edited 8/13/13 10:09 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Hi Everyone.  I am now 5 months post op.  I have lost 114 lbs to date (this includes 33 lbs before surgery)    Above are 2 photos - one taken on Feb 20, 2013 just before my surgery on March 8.  The other was taken today, Aug 13. I have gone from size 28/30 to 18.     My hair is way shorter and I am loving it.  The hair loss doesn't even phase me because I have layers and a funky new cut!

I have been working on not only my cardio but floor exercises and weights and even bought a ball recently.  Trying hard to build the muscle in the arms which so far I am pleased is working.   I am doing stuff that I haven't done in a long time - cycling,  kayaking, bit of jogging to name a few!        I get comments almost every day telling me how great I look to the point it is almost embarrassing at work now.   I went to party recently and saw someone I haven't seen in probably 8 months. We had an entire conversation for 20 minutes.  I thought she knew who I was.   Two hours later she came over to me and apologized. She said she had no idea who I was at the time as she didn't recognize me with the weight loss and 13" off my hair gone.   It was hilarious.  Lots of people who I don't see often at work have to do double takes now -- even those in my own dept !

It has been a wild ride.    I found the dress that I am wearing at Value Village.  I just raided the North Bay, Thunder Bay and this weekend the Orillia Value villages trying to find good work clothes and casual clothes that will now taken me into fall, winter and even next spring or get away during the winter.        I have replaced my wardrobe a number of times now.     The only way I could it is is via the VV Boutqiue!  LOL     

I love Gloria Vanderbilt jeans but now that Zellers isn't in business the only way I can find them (that I  am aware of) is ordering online and paying shipping etc from the US.   Since I have no idea what sizes to get and how long I will be in each size, it is very expensive so I have hesitated to do that.   So imagine my pleasant surprise while vacationing in Thunder Bay to find 10 pairs that range from size 18 down to size 12   and most for the average of $6.   So I snapped them all up.   This past weekend I found skirts and dresses that will also take me down to size 12.   So now I have a spare "closet" to shop from at home.  LOL

I am officially no longer a customer of Penningtons. Was there on the weekend and their smallest size is now too big.

My 6 month check up is next month. in Guelph.  Just did all my blood work so will have to see how things are going behind the scenes.  

Love my RNY!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Missella20
on 8/13/13 10:10 am
RNY on 07/11/13

You look beautiful!  Congrats!!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Soapy
on 8/13/13 10:12 am
Great job, you look fantastic.

Caroline K.
on 8/13/13 10:13 am
You look fabulous! Congratulations!
RNY on 10/21/13

What a great post! You are such an inspiration. Congrats!

Jaceybaby
on 8/13/13 10:29 am
You look fabulous!! Love the hair!
kksnewsong
on 8/13/13 10:32 am
RNY on 06/06/13
Congrats ! You look great! Love the hair!
  1.     kksnewsòng

cajungirl
on 8/13/13 10:39 am
Great progress. The short sassy cut looks amazing on you.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/13/13 10:40 am
Super job. You look great! Keep up the good work!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Lessoflinda
on 8/13/13 10:58 am - NY
You look amazing!!!

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views