I watched the video about no drinking and eating, BUT still did it! Not thinking...duh! So...

JanBooth
on 8/13/13 1:26 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

Early on, I watched a YouTube video that showed exactly what happens when you drink and eat with RNY.  So, it was enough to keep me from doing it...even though I had intended to follow the rules from the beginning. 
Tonight, I had hot and sour soup.  Drank the broth, then ate the solids, and began to watch a show on TV.  Without a thought, I got up during a commercial to get a drink.  I guzzled down a LOT of Crystal Light lemonade LONG before I should have.  Almost immediately, it felt like a volcano was stirring in my stomach, up into my throat, and then I felt it coming back up.  OMGoodness, it was almost a relief to throw up. 
I still feel the gurgling, burping, and the need to throw up.  Almost a year out and this is the first time that I drank too soon. Just hope I don't do it again! 
It's past my bedtime, but I don't think I can lie down right now...it is so uncomfortable. 
Ok, I'm finished whining! 

Janet

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

TomN
on 8/13/13 8:51 pm
RNY on 12/27/12 with
A solid lesson for all of us...thanks for sharing!

poet_kelly
on 8/13/13 10:16 pm - OH

Drinking with meals doesn't bother me at all.  I generally don't do it because I don't want to wash the food out of my pouch too soon, but I don't have any problems if I do it.  I wonder if it had more to do with guzzling a LOT of liquid at one time than drinking it too soon?  I can drink normally now but guzzling causes me discomfort.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JanBooth
on 8/14/13 12:55 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

It may have been the amount, but I've always been able to tolerate drinks.  Of course, I'm learning from my own experiences, as well as from reading about others' experiences, that things can change without a moment's notice.  Today, I've been drinking as I normally do...kinda guzzling :) ...and it's not a problem.  Also, it may have been the hot and sour soup?  I usually do well with that, but who knows! 
Long into the night, I was uncomfortable.  Whatever the cause, it will keep me from repeating my actions. 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

bluesfan
on 8/13/13 11:06 pm - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

Janet thanks for sharing your painful experience.  Just goes to show how vigilant we must be with our recovery !

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 287 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics