Back to work

karin602
on 8/14/13 9:08 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I am heading back to work tomorrow.  Being out 2 weeks makes me wonder what I'll walk into!  Had seve1 mileral calls from co-workers saying its been an interesting couple of weeks.  I work with developmentally disabled adults in a vocational setting with a caseload of about 50.  Every time I am out they all seem to find new and unique problems.  One even called me this past Saturday at home for advice on a home issue.  He lives in a group home so I told him to talk to the group homes director.  So we'll see if I survive tomorrow!

On a very positive note, being 2 weeks and 1 day out I managed to get in 6 miles today - 4 miles on Leslie Sansone's walking video and 2 miles walking the track at our local park.  I mile used to be difficult!  Feels good afterwards - especially the shower.  Had been getting in 3 miles most days so this was so good.  Weight loss has been somewhat slow but maybe with all this exercise it will be better.  Plan to walk after work since I get off at 3:30 - going to work by 7:30 sucks though! 

Hope all of you are having a great day.

Karin

Missella20
on 8/14/13 9:51 am
RNY on 07/11/13

I just started doing the walking DVD by Leslie S. too! Today I made it 2 miles. I like it! I hope to make it up to 5 miles in a couple of weeks. Good Luck tomorrow.

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

karin602
on 8/14/13 10:00 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Thanks.  I like the walking video because I have two left feet and I can do all her moves! 

Karin

lmc614
on 8/14/13 12:18 pm

Good Luck tomorrow Karin!! Let us know how you do.

karin602
on 8/15/13 8:22 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Made it through my 1st day back.  My "guys" are the best - made me feel like I was really missed.  Actually one of my favorites (bad to say but I do have a few) is a 50 year old man who has lost most of his family - never had mom in his life, dad died, got close to 2nd stepmom and she died suddenly and the 1st stepmom stepped in and then she died.  Lives in one of our group homes and because of lack of family doesn't get to visit home like the rest of his housemates.  So we do spoil him.  I've worked with him for 23 years (yipes!) and we are close.  I was told how lost he was without me there.  He always visits each morning and we share a cup of coffee before he has to go to work on our cleaning crew.  He was at my door first thing this morning and let me know how much he missed me.  Then I got lots of hugs from the rest of my "guys".  Good to be back.  Got filled in with all the problems as well but nothing major so that was good. 

Didn't get 6 miles in but I did go walking on the track after work for about 45 minutes.  Get to try an ounce of meat tonight - thinking tilapia  Would do chicken but after reading how it bothers some people think the fish might be a better choice. 

Eat, relax, drink water and get to bed early so I'm ready to be back to work by 7:30 tomorrow! 

Karin

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views