3 days post-op!!

Amazingsweets
on 8/16/13 10:42 pm - NC
RNY on 08/14/13
I wanted to let everyone know that my surgery went great on Wednesday. The doctor did find that I had an upper hernia in my esophagus when he was in there so he fixed that as well. I feel pretty good, just sore which is normal I assume. I was in the hospital a day and a half only. They said I was doing great and it was up to me so of course I chose to come home!! Lol
I find it so tedious to get in all of my fluids with the 2 ounce cups, but I'm doing it! I'm just doing a lot of resting and sitting and some walking. I don't really feel pain, just sore so how long did you guys take pain meds after surgery?

HW: 263 CW: 249 SW:....GW:150 height: 5'3" surgery date: 8/14/13

dougsmomma
on 8/16/13 11:29 pm

Congratulations on the surgery and you uncomplicated recovery. I hope it continues. I just had surgery on Monday. I have had a moderate pain in my left side (where the biggest incision is located and where the surgeon had to cut through more muscle). I have been taking the hydrocodone/acetominophen since Monday.  It does help with the pain on the left side.  Last night I switched to liquid tylenol.  It isn't working quite as well, but I'm doing fine.

Amazingsweets
on 8/16/13 11:37 pm - NC
RNY on 08/14/13
Good to know, thanks!!

jabofa
on 8/17/13 5:36 am - PA
RNY on 09/24/13

Congrats on your surgery. I just submitted my request to my insurance company and am waiting their answer.  How long did the surgery take?  How soon did they have you up and walking after they cut you?  How do you feel really?  How is drinking now that you have had the surgery? Do you feel different? I know those are a lot of questions but I am just curious.....

Good Luck by the way. I wish you much success.

Amazingsweets
on 8/17/13 8:21 am - NC
RNY on 08/14/13
My surgery only lasted 1.5-2 hrs and I really don't feel different stomach wise. They had me up walking on my second morning, if that makes sense. I went in on Wednesday morning at 5:30 am, surgery was at 8 am and I was out of it most of that day. Then Thursday morning they came and got me for my upper GI and found NO leaks! Yeah! Then they took out my catheter and I walked around some. I did so good that I left the hospital Thursday at 3pm. I was ready to go home!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 469 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 383 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?