Missing all of Your Posts

tdbull
on 8/17/13 7:47 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I'm still in hospital. Day 4. Ugh. I can't seem to pass my gas (TMI sorry). Otherwise everything is perfect. Took gas x and miralax, but can really on dring about 1-2 oz at a time because I get soooo bloated. Did any of you have this problem? I'm not sure how I won't get dehydrated drinking so little. I eat about 4 baby bites of jello and sip my liquids but my bowels just don't want to work. My swallow test showed all is good and today had a ct scan and all is good surgery wise. Just need to start tooting so I can go home. If you've had your surgery and missed congratulating you, I'm so sorry. I hope yours went well. It's been hard to focus on reading for any length of time.
Take care

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

poet_kelly
on 8/17/13 7:49 am - OH

Are you walking?  That usually helps a lot.  Also, if you have a rocking chair available, rocking can help you fart.  If you don't have a rocking chair, you can sit in a regular chair on the edge of the chair and rock back and forth like you're in a rocking chair.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 8/17/13 10:15 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I cannot believe your insurance will pay for you to stay simply because you cannot fart in the hospital! I did not pass any gas for a few days and was sent home in less than 24 hours. Same with my husband. If it were me, I would be screaming to be let out--that is just outrageous. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

tdbull
on 8/17/13 1:15 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am a self pay in MX. I don't mind in hospital since it has adjustable bed and nurse care at the push of a button. I just want my bowels to start working. Had 3-4 toots but no BM yet. Crossing my fingers it's tomorrow.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/17/13 11:10 am - OH

You're not hooked up to an IV?!?  I have never been in the hospital for anything without being hooked to an IV from the moment I got there until the doctor signed the discharge orders!  An IV would keep you from getting dehydrated ****il you get home, anyway).  I, too, am surprised that your insurance company is remitting them to keep you for 4 days just because you aren't passing gas.

Drinking a normal amount of water shouldn't cause bloating.  What does your surgeon say about that?

I hate hospitals so much that I would tell them that I passed some gas even if I hadn't just to get released!  I hope you get home soon.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

tdbull
on 8/17/13 1:17 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am hooked up to iv. Got my tummy drain removed today. Took a nice shower, walked, a toot now relaxing with a bloated tummy watching a movie.

sarah_durso
on 8/17/13 12:33 pm

I was in  the hospital for 5 days after RNY .  I couldn't pee , so they had to give me a catheter  . Didn't have a bowel til day 4. walking really did help. We had to walk every 2 hrs for 10 min .   I wasn't hooked up to an IV after day 2 days .  I got my bill the other day. $63,000  . Good thing my insurance covered 99.9% !   Hope you pass some gas soon :P

kecldr3
on 8/17/13 1:09 pm
RNY on 08/14/13

I am so sorry to hear this.  I just had my surgery this past Wednesday and was concerned about the gas thing but finally, it happened.  Hopefully you will be able to soon:)  I am glad everything else is going well.

Tonya

ready2be140
on 8/17/13 3:43 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12

Hoping you will be back at home in no time - in reading your update, sounds like you are doing a little better.   Keep updating to let us know how you are doing.  

Ashley in Belgium
on 8/17/13 5:43 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I really hope Day Four proves to be the lucky one! It was for me. I stayed 5 days in hospital and had my BM on day 4.  It seemed to tie in with the first time I got to drink clear liquid - tea and broth.  Who knows?  Everyone is different.  I too couldn't concentrate or read while in the hospital.  It is only getting better 10 days out.  Don't freak out.  It will happen.  I'm so glad you are able to stay in hospital and not have to worry about this from home.  It does get easier - and can I just say that it is (so far) a million jillion times better (easier, not painful, comfortable) than my previous Banded life!  

Hope you get relief soon.  Safe journey home -

Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views