I'm 3months out my fat is shifting????

Misspatstarr73
on 8/18/13 8:47 am - CA
Has anybody gone through a shift in your fattest areas??? It seems like I'm melting. My apron As i call it some people say your lower belly it seems to be getting lower an expanding and falling out of my underwear. I know I'm probably going to have to have a tummy tuck. But its not reducing Like the rest of me. Does anybody have any suggestions or experience with this?????

Miss Starr

April M.
on 8/18/13 9:50 am - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

Mine started falling too. It has gotten smaller though but after it fell. It will shrink as the fat loss gets greater. I am wearing shapewear (spanx) to help hold me in and up.  Best wishes on your journey ;)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/18/13 10:22 am - OH

Unfortunately, the Spanx will only hold things in AND up if the pannus is relatively small.  They did nothing for mine (except make the rashes worse by mashing the layers of skin together!)

Lora

10 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

65rosesmom
on 8/18/13 9:57 am

My fat shifted weirdly in the beginning too.  Mine wasn't so much on my belly, but my legs were so odd.  I literally had chunks missing from parts of my thighs, it was so weird.  Its shifted more over time and evened out.  But the quick fat loss was very bizarre and asymmetrical for awhile there. 

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/18/13 10:20 am - OH

Your apron will drop down as you lose the fat in it.  Think of a balloon that is inflated and that you are holding with it sticking out and the open end up against your body.  It sticks out.  As you slowly let the air out, the balloon sticks out less and begins to sag more and more as more air is released.  The same thing happens with your pannus (the medical term for that apron of fat and skin).  It IS reducing, but you probably have more weight in your belly to lose, so it is less noticeable there than other places where you have less extra weight.  Are your pants looser? 

I carried a LOT of my weight in my tummy (I was very round).  by the time I had lost most of my weight, my pannus  hung down a lot.  They make Spanx to hold IN extra fat and skin, but it is much more challenging to pull the pannus (and often the mons as well) UP and IN. 

Lora

PetHairMagnet
on 8/18/13 10:47 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Amen to all that! I am 100% dedicated to getting a mons lift as it sags and is more and more atrocious looking to me every morning when I shower. The more I lose, the more it droops and I tell ya...it brings me down! Spanx will tuck it in, but not up...going under the knife for the 'up' when I am 6 months post-goal weight!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/18/13 12:34 pm - OH

Yah, when I had my panniculectomy (covered by insurance) the PS was supposed  to do the mons lift (which I wold pay for myself, and I even had an IVC filter placed because he was nervous about having to cut through a large, tortuous vein at the top of the mons area, and then literally at the llast minute -- when he was marking my belly in the surgical prep area! -- he informed me that he had changed his mind about doing the mons lift!  I was SO upset when I saw what I looked like with the apron gone but a huge mons hanging down.   Felt like a freak.   I had lost all that weight and still had to wear tunic length shirts and loose pants to hide it.  I cried every single morning when I had to figure out what I cold wear for the 6 weeks until I could have another surgeon do the mons lift (and my arms, which I was going to wait a little while on originally).

Lora

PetHairMagnet
on 8/19/13 3:11 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On August 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM Pacific Time, ****rogirl wrote:

Yah, when I had my panniculectomy (covered by insurance) the PS was supposed  to do the mons lift (which I wold pay for myself, and I even had an IVC filter placed because he was nervous about having to cut through a large, tortuous vein at the top of the mons area, and then literally at the llast minute -- when he was marking my belly in the surgical prep area! -- he informed me that he had changed his mind about doing the mons lift!  I was SO upset when I saw what I looked like with the apron gone but a huge mons hanging down.   Felt like a freak.   I had lost all that weight and still had to wear tunic length shirts and loose pants to hide it.  I cried every single morning when I had to figure out what I cold wear for the 6 weeks until I could have another surgeon do the mons lift (and my arms, which I was going to wait a little while on originally).

Lora

I would have been ALL levels of frosty on that one! :(

That would have put me in a seriously depressed state-I could just about cry reading about it for you, cannot imagine it happening to me! Grrrrr to that PS!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/19/13 7:27 am - OH

Yes.  I was, admittedly, a mess. 

Needless to say, I had a different surgeon do my other plastic surgeries!  I did, however, leave the IVC filter in since my PCP and I had talked once about whether it would be a good idea for me to have one with my strong history of DVTs.

Lora

Misspatstarr73
on 8/18/13 1:53 pm - CA
Yes my pants are much looser. My underwear sags. I have to wear spanks they do wonders. My insurance only pays for the pannus removal. If you have rashes documented and I have had lots. Thanks for the comment.

Miss Starr