Baked Potatoes

sarah_durso
on 8/18/13 6:31 am

when did you add baked potatoes back into your diet.  I know we can have sweet potatoes , but  baked white isn't on the approved list.  So I'm not adding it in, don't get me wrong. I'm just asking when and if you ever added it back in .  

PPP
on 8/18/13 6:35 am
To me I think they are pretty much gonna be a very rare item. I'm four months out and caved in one day and ate a third of one. No problems but I won't do that again for quite a while. But that's just me because if I have any extra calories I usually will spend it on fruit.

Bibo
on 8/18/13 6:38 am

I was told in a nutrition class that if they are BOILED they are not as sugary/starchy as if they are baked or fried. I get the tiniest one i can find in the store and maybe once a month have it boiled. If it's dried off real good the taste is not that different to me

RainbowRN
on 8/18/13 6:40 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Baked potatoes are on my approved list. I added them in at about 3 months out.  I still only eat a few bites but they are healthy.  Carbs are not the enemy. You do need some of them for your body to even function.  However, I keep mine very low, and I always concentrate on protein first.  There is a fine line between a good amount of carbs and a ridiculous amount of carbs.  Good Luck!  You are doing great!! 

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

Katie K.
on 8/18/13 6:40 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
My program says not for six months, and then not often.

sarah_durso
on 8/18/13 6:50 am

My husband wants to take me on a fancy date .  Nice dinner and Josh Groban in October.   So I'm scouring the internet for restaurants that have low cal soups or chili.  Several just say soup of the day. I want to know the calorie, fat, sugar and protein before I eat it.  So I was thinking if I just ordered a baked potato it might be safe.  I know I could do a grilled chicken breast but I still have a hard time getting much chicken down.   I see my NUT on Set 16th for my 2 month check up. I'll run it by her and see if we can come up with a restaurant and healthy option.

saterry
on 8/18/13 6:53 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I would be so excited to see Josh Groban not sure I COULD eat  !     kiss

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

sarah_durso
on 8/18/13 6:57 am

he's deployed and will be home on R&R when Josh Grobans in town.  I asked if we could go, totally expecting him to say he didn't like him. BUT he was excited to go !  

saterry
on 8/18/13 8:15 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

My husband and I saw him a few yrs ago here in Indy and he was spectacular ! I even saw my husband tear up a few times....

Have a wonderful time together and tell your husband THANK YOU for his service. My son is a Marine and I know deployments are very hard on the family. We will pray for his safe return.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

cajungirl
on 8/18/13 7:49 am
How about grilled fish and veggies?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views