Vegetarian Based Protein?

tdbull
on 8/22/13 4:25 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I travel a lot on business and found this Six Star Instant Protein Smoothie powder.
It has 15g dairy free protein, 0 sugar, 2g fat. I just made a smoothie with it, added 1 Dannon diabetic yogurt and a banana. It's yummy but want to make sure we can tolerate this type of protein.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

PetHairMagnet
on 8/22/13 5:30 am
RNY on 05/13/13
Is it egg based? Whey protein is vegetarian so I am a tiny bit confused by your post.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/22/13 6:14 am

It is  - plant based - no animal proteins in the mix. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/22/13 7:48 am, edited 8/22/13 7:48 am

If you can tolerate - then they may be OK for you. They are plant base proteins so they may not have all amino acids  to make them complete - but since you added yogurt - you addend some extra proteins.     I would not relay on them to be the only protein source for long term - but I do believe that variety is good for us. 

I myself started introducing some plan based protein powder..  They are good as an addition to food and other drinks.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 260 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics