Looking for info on Sugar Detox

SarahF
on 8/22/13 1:41 pm - Braintree, MA

I know I need to do a sugar detox.  I have been gaining weight back and eat a large amount of sugar daily and have been for a long time now. (surgery was 7/2007)

There is so much info out there I'm not sure where to go and what to do.  I realize to rid myself of sugar, including artificial.

Has anyone done this and have information they can share.  I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Sarah

Ceithlenn
on 8/22/13 1:53 pm - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

I have done it the fast and painful way and the slower less painful way. I find however doing it the fast way lasts longer for me. 

Knowing what type of sugar is your downfall would be helpful.

Soda? cake? cookies? etc because each can be handled a little differently to detox the slow way. 

The fast way is to do a cleanse

only eat fresh whole foods, fish, naturally flavored water (cut fruit or veggies), caffeine free tea and coffee. 

No dairy, gluten, alcohol, or caffeine. It worked to get me off sugar for over 8 months once. I unfortunately slipped back. I generally do that for about a month then my sugar cravings are gone. 

SarahF
on 8/22/13 2:03 pm - Braintree, MA

I eat a lot of breads, but find myself eating sweets whenever I can get my hands on them... wishing Twinkies never came back out... I know, I cannot blame Hostess for this... but when I eat sugar I eat it until it's gone.  We buy a box of cookies...it's gone that day.  I just cannot help it.  I know I have some overeating issues in general...but I know I consume a lot of sugar.  The only thing I drink is diet soda (caffiene and caffeine free). 

So to answer your question... all of it. 

I have gained 30 lbs of the 90 lbs I had lost.  I'm nervous... none of my pants fit me and I am feeling really awful over this... It's finally caught up with me.  I think I need to do a cleanse.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 92 views
Recent Topics