4 year birthday

jeterway
on 8/24/13 12:35 pm

So today is my 4 year anniversary.

Today is the 4 year anniversary of my RNY.  It was clearly one of the most significant days of my life.  It was a long journey getting to that point.  Like others on this board, I had done every fad diet known to man.  It took me some time to get to that decision but once I got there, it was a mission that I needed to complete.  It took me about 10 months to get from the information session to the actual surgery.  I did get to the goal that the doctor had for me, but not my own personal goal.  I am down 115 pounds and have learned to be happy with where I am.  Would I love to start losing again – sure.  My body has decided that this weight is good for me.  But I have learned how to maintain where I am and my weight no longer rules my life.  My sugar is now normal – that took some time to get under control.  Blood pressure and cholesterol are now under control with minimal medication.  Exercise is now an important part of my life.  I am lucky in that I do dump on sugar so that keeps me in check.  However, when I go out with friends, no one can tell that I have had GB as I have learned how to live with my adjusted insides.  Old friends forget that I even had the surgery other than the fact that I am no longer heavy.  New friends are surprised when they see one of the few before pictures.  I am in the final stages of my plastics work.  That has been an interesting journey that I never thought that I would take.  But I love the fact that my body now looks more appropriately proportioned.  I started with the worst parts and am working my way through some additional work once I saw what these wonderful PS can do. I spent the evening with some old friends - they are friends of mine no matter what I weigh.  They are true friends.  But I am much happier being my lighter weight and being with them.  It seems that my life is more satisfying being the thinner me and enjoying my old friendships.  I am so looking forward to the next years of my life.  I hope that my ability to stay at my current weight continues.  Good luck to everyone who is out there at my timeframe.

JoAnn

Member Services
on 8/24/13 12:49 pm - Irvine, CA

What a wonderful success story!  Thank you so much for sharing it.

april89love
on 8/24/13 1:07 pm - NC

Always good to hear testimonies from those who have maintained over time. Glad to hear you are doing well!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

jabofa
on 8/24/13 1:44 pm, edited 8/24/13 1:44 pm - PA
RNY on 09/24/13

Happy Surgiversary....

Congrats on your success and triumph.  It is good to hear from someone who has gone through and been successful. You hear so many horror stories.

I wish you continued success and joy... you have earned it.....

Thank you in advance....

J.A.B.O.F.A. stands for: Just a breath of fresh air...

Follow my metamorphosis:  Jabofa

"Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results."

HW: 398  CW: 344  Goal: 125

E R.
on 8/24/13 5:12 pm - Switzerland

Thanks for sharing. Congrats with your 4 years! You are an inpiration.

RNY:  4 June 2013

rockym
on 8/25/13 12:32 am

Thanks for sharing this!  You sound so healthy and are an inspiration!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 326 views