Having another EGD/Upper Endoscopy next week

Mal
on 8/26/13 10:49 pm

This will be the third EGD I've had to correct the stricture that has developed since my repair surgery in May.  This time--I'm going to MY Gastroenterologist at the hospital that did my original gastric bypass.  He is the best and I know this will be the last one.  The other hospital I was at was sub-standard and didn't want to stretch it too much so soon after surgery (they only did it to a 10) My issues keep coming back and as I sit here I'm feeling the food I ate an hour ago (a small breakfast burrito I made with egg & cheese on a small flour tortilla) sitting there not moving.  Its very uncomfortable and I've been living on soups mainly just to get something into me.  Good news is I'm back up to a healthy weight (162 from 137, I'm 6' tall) and otherwise pretty healthy.  My abdominal inscision from the open procedure is healed nicely also and it was HUGE! 

Life is starting to get a little bit back to 'normal' and this is my second week at my new job (20 hours a week while I train).  Housing is still an issue but hopefully not for very long.  I've also maintained my sobriety since May and will continue to do so because I developed a problem with alcohol also prior to this repair surgery.  I've been attending AA meetings regularly and even made a few new friends in the process.  Last night I attended my first domestic violence support group meeting here locally which was also very nice. 

Katie K.
on 8/26/13 10:52 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

Good luck with the procedure and good job with your sobriety!

karenp8
on 8/26/13 11:25 pm - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear things are going well. I had been thinking about you. Thanks for the update!

bubbylucy
on 8/27/13 2:22 am - Raleigh, NC

I had 5 dilitations prior to the stricture being cured. You may want to mention a drug named Kenalog. It is what helped with my scar tissue. It was injected into the stricture during the upper endoscopy and worked. Just an idea.

Audra

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 452 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views