What is your calorie intake?

susan1277
on 8/27/13 1:50 am - OH
RNY on 06/10/13 with

I am 11 weeks post op.  I have been in a stall (again) and was curious what others have for calorie intake?  My Nut only really wants me to get in my protein and water and doesn't really have a calorie goal to stay under.  Any thoughts?

Rny 6/10/13            Highest Weight 343           Surgery Weight 306

Member Services
on 8/27/13 1:55 am - Irvine, CA

I wouldn't let a number like Calories be the end all. If you are in a stall your body is adjusting to your weight loss.  Change up your foods, try different proteins and make sure you are eating complex carbs. Also, change up your exercise. If you have been mostly walking try biking or swimming.  When you change your routine up it makes the body react in a good way.

Keep us posted

robyn_fresh
on 8/27/13 2:01 am
RNY on 12/18/12

What he or she said! I have found that I get into a routine of eating the same few meals over and over again as well as the same exercise routine. It's an ok thing; however, when I get into a stall changing what I'm eating and my form of exercise gets me through.

poet_kelly
on 8/27/13 2:33 am - OH

Well, mine is about 1600 calories a day - but I am going on five years post op and maintaining, not trying to lose anymore.

At 11 weeks out, I didn't count calories.  I was advised not to, just to eat four to six times a day, in the amounts given on my food plan, and get at least 60 grams of protein.  By doing that, the calories came out OK

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lanigm
on 8/28/13 1:41 pm - San Jose, CA

I am going on 4 years post op and trying to maintain. I've gained a few lbs back. what is your menu like? I can eat everything and anything now. I am so worried of putting more weight back so I completely cut rice, pasta, junk food and bread, but can't seem to give up chez it crackers. what calorie intake should I be on?

poet_kelly
on 8/28/13 9:29 pm - OH

I cannot have Cheezits, or any other crackers for that matter, in the house.  I can eat an entire box of Cheezits in two days. 

I don't know how many calories you should eat.  You should eat however many it takes for you to maintain your weight.

I can eat almost everything, too.  I just keep the house stocked with healthy stuff so that's what I eat.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JenniPenny
on 8/27/13 3:18 am - MN

At 11 weeks out I was on about 300 calories per day. I was never on protein drinks as per my doc so if you are you're allowed a few more calories per day. I was on 300 at 3 months out, 600 by 6 months out, 900 by 9 months out and 1000-1200 by one year out and forever after that. I try to stick to the 1200 aprox. calories per day still at 12 yrs out. I adjust it up or down depending on my activity level. Days I sit more I eat less, more active days I eat more. It works for me. check with your doc and see what he/she recommends, and see what others in your support group are doing.

Jen 11+ yrs post op RNY

ywalton
on 8/27/13 3:44 am - Sycamore, OH
RNY on 02/18/13

i am 6 months out and i roughly take in about 600 a day. but i don't focus on that. Your nut is right. With this surgery all diets are off the table. protien protien protien and plenty of fluids

Jacob H.
on 8/27/13 4:29 am - CA

Most would faint at my current intake(4000 - 4500 daily) but at 2 months I think it was about 600 to 800

True victory comes at the very end, when you can say, " I lived, and will gladly do it again." View "failure" as a setback, and meet each accomplishment with a larger goal.

needanswers0085
on 8/27/13 11:17 am - Canada

I am going to be having surgery in January or February, and am just gathering information. How is it possible to consume so many calories when your meal portions consist of at most 1.5 cups of food? Most of which is protein, which carries significantly less than the less healthy options?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics