Poet_Kelly. . . Repliva Iron update

Turtle Lynn
on 8/27/13 2:14 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Hi Kelly, 

The Repliva Iron has been discontinued.  Lora had posted that there was a recall around about 2009 and apparently it is still not available.  

Soooooooo I went to the Vitamin Shoppe because my surgeon is on vacation until 9/3 and I go see him 9/6 and I got some blackberry flavored chewable Iron for bariatric patients.  The office told me to just take the ferrous sulfate until he gets back, which I'm not going to because of the constipation issues and I haven't taken ANY iron now for a month while waiting to get this mess straightened out so who knows how much my iron has dropped now.  

Vitamin Shoppe had a ton of Irons but I had no idea which one to try. . .I couldn't figure them out. . .there were vegan irons, liquid iron, none were ferrous sulfate though.  

Do you have any favorites or tried and true Iron that you use that doesn't constipate you all to hell and back?

The Pharmacist suggested SlowFE but can we absorb that with the bypassed intestines?  Tryig to figure out this Iron crap makes me cool. . .everything else I am pretty good with . . .the Iron though loses me every time. . .

Thanks!!!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

poet_kelly
on 8/27/13 2:28 am - OH

Carbonyl iron.  Rarely causes constipation because it's all elemental iron.  You can get Sundown Perfect Iron or Feosol carbonyl at many stores or order online (drugstore.com often has great deals on Sundown).  If you get Feosol, make sure you get the carbonyl one, not ferrous sulfate.

Use a stool softener or something like Miralax to help prevent constipation, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Turtle Lynn
on 8/27/13 2:36 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Okay, thank you!!!!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?