NSV! 8 weeks out!

glamourqueen64
on 8/26/13 2:11 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Well, at 8 weeks out, I am now down 18 lbs. Yes, to some it is not much, but it is good for me. I lost 42 lbs before surgery, so, as long as I am on the losing side, I am good. I have never in my life had good metabolism and I had that tested when I was 18, because I always had a hard time with weight loss! Anyhow, 18 lbs for two months is good for me!

The NSV is that I joined a gym and got free trainer's session tomorrow! I am not paying for a trainer, but do want them to show me things the first time around. I used to be a member of curves in Georgia, they Y here in Ohio, and decided on this other "gym", because it was open 24/7! Well, besides walking for an hour or two every few days, I will now be working in a schedule to go the gym 3-5 x a week. I have to see how it all works out first before I set a schedule. I work about 5 minutes from the gym, which is another reason to join this one~~location. No excuses! I could go either before or after work!!

Well, that's about it for now. I still cannot eat much at any time. It is only still about 2-3 ounces. I get really full after more than that, and I know probably should be eating more than that at this stage. I drink 1 protein shake a day still so that I can be sure to get the needed protein which has fallen short lately because I cannot eat too much!

I am trying to increase the eating, but, until it really happens, I can only eat small amounts! Have a great day, and may God continue to bless you all!! Got another check-up coming at the end of next week, September 6th!

E R.
on 8/26/13 3:35 pm - Switzerland

Well done with your weight loss and joining the gym!

RNY:  4 June 2013

glamourqueen64
on 8/27/13 3:45 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Thank you so much!

A_new_beginning
on 8/26/13 5:06 pm - MD
RNY on 08/29/13

angry  Well done!!  And encouraging!  My surgery is coming up in two more days....and I can't wait! :)

Surgery date: August 29th, 2013

HW: 247 lbs. Height: 5' 2"

LW: 123 lbs!

glamourqueen64
on 8/27/13 3:45 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Thank you, and you can do this! Wishing you great success on your journey!

Katie K.
on 8/26/13 7:08 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Good job! I'm a slow loser, too. It's frustrating, but it's still a downward trend.

glamourqueen64
on 8/27/13 3:48 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

I am not frustrated at the slow weight loss, I am just more happy because I am losing and not experienced a whole lot of pain or getting sick. Only have done that twice and that was because I ate too fast. I can tell when a food does not agree with me right away, so that is good! I am not scared to eat or try new things, I jus****ch the sugar content along with the carb content. My most important content at this point is the protein! And getting in the required amount of fluids! Best wishes on your journey downward!

Connie

martitalinda
on 8/26/13 9:59 pm

Both of those are AWESOME victories ... congrats on the fabulous loss in just 8 weeks and on joining the gym ... Joining the gyn was a BIG NSV for me when I finally did and boy I am so glad I did.  Wishing you continued success on your journey ... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

glamourqueen64
on 8/27/13 3:51 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

You are such and encouragement to all of us here! Thank you for the kind words! I was so happy to be able to finally join the gym! Now, I have to get into a "routine" of when to go and what equipment to use what days, and then try and get at least two areobics classes in somewhere, whether it be kettleball, or zumba or mid-section burner class! Can't wait to get into a real routine!

Connie

Calla Lily
on 8/26/13 11:17 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Awesome!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 762 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?