My dietitian rocks

leisac
on 8/29/13 5:23 pm - Australia
RNY on 07/10/13

When I had my 1st surgery the dietitian who worked with my then surgeon was a bit of a nightmare. I felt that she didn't have a good grasp on bariatric nutrition and I learnt far more here and was way ahead of her as far as vitamin supplementation, protein intake, etc. I know of several instances where she scared the bejesus out of some prospective patients- one of who actually cancelled her surgery after seeing her. Once I befriended this girl and she got to see that I had managed to do well post surgery and wasn't slowly dying in the corner she went on to have her surgery and was very successful. This dietitian was marginally better informed the 2nd time around but still not very engaging.

After having to change surgeons to have my RNY my experience with the dietitian associated with this practice has been so much better. She knows that I am pretty well informed and therefore isn't patronising in any way. She has carefully reviewed my bloods and is helping me to tweak my vitamin regime to address some intolerances to some of the vitamins I have tried to date whilst still meeting my nutritional requirements. We had our 2nd phone appointment today (she is about 1500 km away) and she felt that my weight loss was progressing well, I had a handle on my vitamin regime and was pleased to hear that I was tolerating most foods pretty well. She offered to send me a form to have my bloods checked earlier if I was worried about the few borderline results from my pre-op results but I have elected to wait until they are due in a month or 2's time. Given that it was such a short appointment today as no real issues since out last one she didn't even charge me. 

chulbert
on 8/29/13 11:41 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13
PetHairMagnet
on 8/30/13 11:03 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am so glad you found a good, supportive nutritionist!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views