Chol/Hdl ratio 3.8
Vitamin b12 708
My CBC looked good except MPV which was 12.9 and marked low
My metabolic panel had nothing flagged albumin/ globulin ratio is 1.5
Globulin 2.6
Bilirubin .6

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

poet_kelly
on 8/31/13 1:38 am - OH

Low pre albumin usually means you aren't getting enough protein.  What were your total protein and albumin levels?

Your ferritin is great but your iron is on the low side.  Ferritin is like your iron storage.  Someone once explained it me like it's as if your iron is the money in your pocket, while your ferritin is the money you have in the bank.  If you get too low on pocket money, you'll have to start withdrawing it from your bank account.  You'd rather not use up all your savings, so I would suggest upping your iron.

Your vitamin D is too low - according to the Linus Pauling Institute, it needs to be at least 80.  How much D3 have you been taking?

Your A is low, as you noted, so I'd start taking some vitamin A.  It needs to be dry A, not in oil.  I use the 25,000 vitamin A capsules from vitalady.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sarahakers11
on 8/31/13 2:15 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with
Gotta go back and look at my total protein I get 80g a day. I will add vitamin a and double my vitamin d to 10,000 a day as well as add another iron for a total of 85g a day. What about vitamin e? It said that was low somewhere

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

poet_kelly
on 8/31/13 2:27 am - OH

If that was low, I'd add some of that, too.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sarahakers11
on 8/31/13 2:53 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with
Thanks!

The Depressed Hiker Blog

poet_kelly
on 8/31/13 3:10 am - OH

By the way, I don't know what multi you use.  Celebrate makes a multi with extra A, D, E and K, typically used for DS folks.  Since you need to take additional A, D, and E now, you might want to look at that.  I am not sure if it has enough D3 in it for you and I'm not sure if it would work out to be cheaper than just taking a generic similar to Centrum (which is what I take and it's very affordable) plus separate supplements for A, D, and E, but you might want to look into it.  If you already use a multi like Celebrate or Bariatric Advantage, then it make sense to me to just switch the the high ADEK one.

Sarahakers11
on 8/31/13 10:28 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with
I take the opurity from unjury for rny patients. Ill have to take a look at the celebrate cause it may turn out cheaper then adding all the others in

The Depressed Hiker Blog

poet_kelly
on 8/31/13 10:33 pm - OH

That explains why your vitamin A is low.  It only contains 3500 IU vitamin A, which is less than half of what we need (10,000 IU) and half of it is beta carotene, which is not a good source of vitamin A for us since we don't have much stomach acid anymore.  So you're getting about 1750 IU vitamin A a day, when  you need about 10,000 IU.

It also only contains half the vitamin E you need.

That's if you are just taking one a day, as the label recommends.  I would take two a day if you're going to use Opurity, but you'd still need extra vitamin A.

Sarahakers11
on 8/31/13 10:45 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with
I went ahea and ordered dry vitamin a and e. add an additional protein shake and an extra tender iron and see if that helps. If I do have to go to two a day multis I will probably switch to a generic. Right now with unjury multi once a day. The calcium 4 times a day, vitamin d( now twice a day) and b12 it's costing me less about 1.00 a day.

On a side note can I take both vitamin d's at the same time. Is there any combinations with the new pills I need to be concerned about. I know iron needs to be split from calcium. Can I take all the iron at the same time?

The Depressed Hiker Blog

poet_kelly
on 8/31/13 10:50 pm - OH

I spend about $1 a day on vitamins.

Yeah, you can take a TON of vitamin D at one time.  And you can take all the iron at one time.

You can take the D, A, and E with whatever you want to take it with, too.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 87 views
Recent Topics