When does dumping syndrome start?

baepage
on 9/6/13 10:20 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I found out I dump at 3 months.  I accidentally bought the wrong kind of yogurt, it had too much sugar, and I was sick within 5 minutes.  I hope to never go through it again.

Barbara

K. Andrews
on 9/6/13 9:41 pm - Trotwood, OH
RNY on 09/06/06 with
I am happy to be a dumpster even after 7 years out. I am blessed to dump on very little sugar and fat. Because I think that is why I eat very litttle foods that I know will make me dump. That is why I choose RNY. Cramping, sweating ( unless I am exercising), dizzy and wanting to kill someone (not myself of course) lol So for me dumping is a blessing...I hope to dump the rest if my life and if I come back as a tree I hope to dumo everytime someone pulls a leaf off me lol.

Misspatstarr73
on 9/8/13 1:11 am - CA

Lol wow I agree with you it's kinda an internal food alarm. 

youthmom
on 9/7/13 9:03 am

I didn't dump at first but I am 3 years out and in the past 6 months I have really started to dump, if I eat anything with sugar (which I do from time to time) I pay for it lol, but even liquids like the drink mixes that are sugar free make me get the hot sweaty feeling and I feel like I am going to get sick, sometimes weak  and I had a preacher cookie one day that was supposed to be sugar free and it was a horrible night, had to take phenergan

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/7/13 10:27 am - OH

Many people (like me) are more sensitive to the sugar alcohols in the sugar free items than to the sugar in the regular version.  Usually SA sensitivity causes diarrhea and sometimes nausea (but doesn't cause the hallmark shakiness, flushing, etc. of dumping).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 570 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 277 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 460 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 376 views
Recent Topics