Trip to grocery store was the worst and now I'm sad!

lostinaparkinglot
on 9/8/13 2:22 pm - Stockton, CA

I am 2 weeks out from surgery this coming Wednesday. I planned on going back to work tomorrow but I am no way ready. I drove to grocery store and had a hard time with bumps in road and became very nauseated. I wanted to walk the grocery store so I grabbed a buggy and proceeded to. All of a sudden I became very hot shakey and my vision was going black. I had to get help and use a wheelchair cart. Such an awful experience. I thought I was doing well because I have been able to do stuff on my own at home and rely less on my family. I feel so sad knowing I need more time off of work. I moved onto soft food hallelujah! Ate a couple bites of turkey from deli and a piece of string cheese and am full and satisfied. I took some pain meds bc I feel like my left side is all ripped up from the drive and store. Trying to relax and tell myself it is ok to need more time...

tdbull
on 9/8/13 3:02 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I know just how you feel. I'm coming up on 4 weeks out but still feel like me insides are sloshy and get super tired during outings. I haven't even attempted to drive yet. Take it easy, keep walking and getting your fluids and protein in. It will get better.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

lostinaparkinglot
on 9/8/13 3:33 pm - Stockton, CA

Thanks :) I just thought I would be better by now :\ hope your recovery gets easy. 

awinslow
on 9/8/13 3:47 pm
It will get better the more you move around. I had my surgery on the 23rd of August. I am a school teacher so I was there for the first day of school on the 26th. It was very hard and I moved very slowly but it does get better. I took my liquid pain meds to school cause I didn't wanna drive while taking it. So I would take it as soon as I got to work. It still feels like someone punches me on my left side esp when I bend over or reach for something. Hang in there.
lostinaparkinglot
on 9/8/13 4:02 pm - Stockton, CA

Omg you are one tough cookie! I could have never went to work 3 days after surgery. The pain meds knock me out but they are a life saver lol. 

Maggie May
on 9/8/13 3:47 pm
RNY on 08/21/13

I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and took my kids out alone with me for the first time today. They are 15 months, 3yrs, and 10yrs. I'm not supposed to lift more than 10lbs but I had to get them in and out of their car seats. The 3yr old can help but the 15 month old requires full lifting. I needed my 10 yr olds help getting the double stroller out of the back of the van. I did ok with it, didn't feel any stress or strain but I have developed an ulcer at the anostamasis (where the esophogus meets the new pouch right under my breast bone and that pain is just excruciating. I was pretty worn out, especially after bringing two toddlers to a cast meeting. I was just given a position as music director in a local production and keeping two toddlers well behaved is work for anyone! I just need this ulcer to heal so I can actually get some food in.  I guess it's hard to realize that this just takes time. I also took pain meds tonight for the first time in a week. At least  you got some food in, I'd love to feel full and satisfied. The only things i've tried have made me nauseous and made me heave and heave. :(   Lets chant it together,,it will get better,,,,it will get better.....

Maggie May 

lostinaparkinglot
on 9/8/13 4:05 pm - Stockton, CA

Oh my goodness I could not do what u did. I had a hard time lifting the groceries lol. I tried a boiled egg and could not stomach smell or texture that was awful. How do u know you have an ulcer? I've been having a lot of pain where I believe esophagus meets new stomach not sure if it normal pain from surgery or it is something else. 

awinslow
on 9/8/13 4:12 pm

Yeah my husband thought I was crazy. I'm sorry you feel that way. Hopefully you will feel better. I don't know how you can tell. Have you gone for you 2 week check up? Or is there a nurse you can call? I hope it's not an ulcer. Mayberry stick to liquids a couple more days until it subsides??? 

lostinaparkinglot
on 9/8/13 5:17 pm - Stockton, CA

My follow up appointment is 3 weeks out so on the 16th. I've been having pain for like 3 days and all I've been eating is soup and drinking isopure. :( it hurts like 60% of the day especially when I first wake up

nurl
on 9/8/13 8:56 pm
RNY on 05/14/13
So sorry it really does get better. I can remember at three weeks out I was thinking it would be that way forever and I was concerned. I could not stay awake for more than two to three hours at a time. I am almost four months out and feel great. I have so much more energy. I still get tired and crash and burn sometimes however, I work about 60+ hours a week ( something I could not have done prior to my surgery). I am so happy I had surgery. For me it was the best choice. Best of luck

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views