Update- 11 weeks Post Op

CubanQueen
on 9/12/13 12:21 am - FL
RNY on 06/18/13

I haven't been on here for a weeks and I just have to say it's because I've been having a great time! So far I'm 11 weeks post op, lost 48 lbs and loving life!!! I've cleaned out my closet twice already, went shopping for work clothes and I am fitting into a size 12 comfortably and even tried on a size 10 pant but it was a lil snug so I stuck with the 12 for now. My energy levels are great and I've been working out with ease and motivation. For me working out before was such a chore because I was not seeing any results but now I refuse to lose weight and have flabby arms and bottom so I'm making an extra effort and I feel even stronger than I did 2 weeks ago.

I can honestly say that even though I miss eating rice or noodles, this journey is well worth it!!! No regrets and I'm pushing forward to a much healthier body/lifestyle!!!

CubanQueen
on 9/12/13 12:24 am - FL
RNY on 06/18/13

Ticker is wrong, I've tried to update it but it still says the wrong info.

NurseBrandy
on 9/12/13 12:55 am

Just wanted to say thank you for your post! Im having surgery soon (Sep 23rd) and I love to hear encouraging post! As my day is getting closer, it seems like many of the post I have read are people having trouble after surgery. Keep up the great work and positive attitude!

CubanQueen
on 9/12/13 1:14 am - FL
RNY on 06/18/13

Absolutely, and you are very welcome! I def know what you mean, although it is good to know what you are up against sometimes there is too much negative info. Stay focused on the outcome and it will get better with time. Good luck on your surgery and see you on the losers bench!!! (

Ashley in Belgium
on 9/12/13 2:10 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Don't be scared off by the negative stories - everyone's journey is different and while there are always bumps in the road for tons of us this surgery isn't a chore, it's a blessing!  I am 5 weeks post-op revision from LapBand to RNY and I can honestly say that this has been a walk in the park compared to living with the Band.  There's lots of moaning about pre-op and post-op liquid diets etc. but it is just for a short time and it is all so worth it.  Think positive.  You'll do great!  

Cheers - Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Spots- N-Dots
on 9/12/13 2:21 am

Thank you for the reminder that yes, the "journey is well worth it!"....I had surgery in July and I'd question my decision-early on. As each week passes and I learn what, where and how it seems to becomes easier. My energy level is out of this world (love it) but also I've been able to sleep through the night (haven't done in years before surgery) and I've heard that is because of exercising (which I've added to my schedule).

I know how exciting it is to fit those size 12's...keep up the great work !

You are an inspiration !

karenp8
on 9/12/13 4:29 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for posting your positive update because often what we see here is people with problems. There are far more of us who have no issues but we are busy living healthy lives and don't take time to post how great we are doing.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 246 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics