Stalled

tdbull
on 9/15/13 12:17 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am just under 5 weeks out. At 4 weeks I gained 2 lbs so put the scale away and told myself I was only going to weigh 1/week. Today was weigh in. Lost 1/2lb off the 2lb gain. Grr. I read a lot about stalls, but when it happens its crushing to my self confidence and motivation. Especially since I've haven't lost a huge amount of weight to begin with. Oh, well. . I'll just keep at it and see what next week brings.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Dawn2442
on 9/15/13 12:24 am

Hi Terry,

Sorry about your stall.  That sucks.  I stalled for 2 weeks and wanted to cry.  I finally lost 3lbs. last week and that's about it.   My RD and surgeon said it's normal because I lost so much before my surgery.  We all just want instant gratification.  It will come.   I headed back to the gym yesterday for the first time since surgery.  That was tough!!   

Take care,

Dawn

marissa1987
on 9/15/13 1:40 am
Sorry your at a stall hopefully you will start losing wieght again soon. How much did you lose before sergury. Im trying to lose wieght what did you do to lose wieght
tdbull
on 9/15/13 2:18 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I didn't have a pre op diet restriction so didn't lose any weight before surgery.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Mo Diggity
on 9/15/13 2:05 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I know it sucks (we all love to see losses !!), but just remember to remind yourself it's not really a weight gain. Think about it, you would have had to take in an extra 3,500 calories just to ad ONE of those pounds, which I HIGHLY doubt that you did lol

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Maggie May
on 9/15/13 4:05 am
RNY on 08/21/13

I've been stalled over the past 5 days too. I've seen a lb a day from surgery until 5 days ago when I actually ate something for the first time. I gained two lbs. I seriously doubt those couple of bites of the first thing I could keep down made me gain two lbs so I know it's just that my body is in starvation mode from the 23 lbs lost in 3 weeks. The scale moved again this morning. We probably shouldn't be watching the scale that closely. I'm not worried as like you said, we've seen it mentioned here over and over so we know it's normal. Frustrating? yes, but normal. The scale will move,,, just give it some time.  I know for me, the scale can move 1-2 lbs up or down in a day just from fluid alone so I know better than to trust those numbers in a way that will mess with my confidence. 

Maggie May 

poet_kelly
on 9/15/13 4:40 am - OH

Remember this is like a marathon, not a sprint.  You will have stalls.  Most people do.  And I mean, like not losing anything at all for a month or more.  If it's crushing to you, I would weigh less often than once a week, at least for now.  Focus instead on things like if you can walk further or climb more stairs without getting short of breath, if you can exercise more, if you are off any meds, things like that.  The non-scale victories.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kinny09
on 9/15/13 4:55 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

You have to take into account that your surgery weight is very "light" in comparison to the average person who undergoes RNY. You are MUCH closer to goal weight than the majority of those who are losing. So it makes perfect sense that your rate of loss is different, and no matter where you start, you will experience days where you lose nothing, that is just how the body works...

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Member Services
on 9/15/13 5:42 am - Irvine, CA

Stalls are very frustrating!  Try to shock your body a little by changing your routine, sometimes this helps.

Best wishes

PaintingJoy
on 9/15/13 6:50 am - GA
RNY on 05/20/13

Stalls are so frustrating!  But, I can tell you from experience that the scales don't tell the truth.  I haven't lost a pound in nearly a month; but my clothes are still getting looser and EVERYBODY is talking about how much weight I'm losing.  I haven't measured myself (I know I need to) but I do know that I'm losing by the way my clothes fit.  Early on I put the scales away because they were driving me nuts.  Lots of folks talk about the 3 week stall ~ meaning 3 weeks after surgery.  I've found that I will go for several weeks with not much happening and then suddenly it seems overnight, I can tell I've lost more. 

It will happen!  It is crushing to the confidence when we've lost the war so many times.  Don't worry, just keep doing all the right things. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 249 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics