Cruising ater surgery

antonia_p
on 9/16/13 7:32 am - NJ

has anyone ever been on a cruise after having gastric bypass? i'm thinking about it for my honeymoon and i'm a little freaked out about vacationing as "the new me".

the old me would've had a field day with the buffets and enjoyed all the rum punch i could handle! i can't imagine not drinking on a cruise... i used to be a fan of the booze cruises.. now i don't drink.. it'll be 2 years post-surgery on the 19th of this month & i'm down 153 lbs ( i WAS down 156 but i keep fluctuating).

i'm freaking out a little over here... can ya tell? :)

Every day is a test....choose wisely! 
BarBBi
on 9/16/13 8:52 am
I'm going on a cruise in Dec and am super excited. I'm not really worried about overeating. I love tracking on mfp and am looking forward to the pool. I will stick to my routine of a banana and yogurt for breakfast. I don't eat desserts at all or drink alcohol. I feel so healthy, I don't want to go back to my former lifestyle. At dinner I plann to focus on protein and veggies.
If you have trouble with temptations now it might make it challenging but if you have great habits already, then just believe in yourself and you'll have a blast. It sounds like you've been very successful so far😄
The Salty Hag
on 9/16/13 8:58 am
RNY on 05/20/13
I am only just shy of 4 months out, so no post-op cruises here, but I just wanted to say congrats on the awesome weight loss AND your future nuptials!!
I loved going on a cruise. I hope to be able to do it again someday.
I wonder if there are any WLS friendly cruises?
Hope you can find the info you need.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

PetHairMagnet
on 9/16/13 9:26 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I just came back from a cruise and am going to write about my experience shortly. I turned 4 months post-op on my cruise and had NO issues at all. I lost 4 lbs on my cruise! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Michelle H.
on 9/16/13 10:29 am
RNY on 01/24/13

I went on a cruise 4 months out and had no issues. I stayed the same that week, which was the first time in my life I didn't gain 10+ lbs on a cruise.. I had great options and just ate like I would at home.. Protein first, etc.. I shared my left overs with other cruise members who generally ordered two entrees, so it worked out well. I even tried some of the sugar free desserts on occasion.. 

antonia_p
on 9/17/13 5:54 am - NJ

Thank you all for your responses, encouragement, and guidance.

It's great to have somewhere to go where people "get you" :)

Every day is a test....choose wisely! 
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 471 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 83 views