Special K Nourish Hot Cereal?

rosegold85
on 9/21/13 5:06 am
RNY on 08/26/13

Has anyone tried the new Special K Nourish Hot Cereal? It has quinoa, oats, wheat and barley in it and looks like it could be pretty good. It has about 12 grams of sugar per serving but I doubt that any of us could finish one of the containers. 

Check out the cereal here: http://www.specialk.com/en_us/products/hot-cereals.html

They also have bars too: http://www.specialk.com/en_us/products/nutrition-bars.html

Anyone have any thoughts on these?

Thanks!!

RNY on 08/26/13; 5'10

65rosesmom
on 9/21/13 5:07 am

I saw it in the store and it looked like a good choice, though I'm very meh about oatmeal, so I'm not sure I personally would like it.  Let us know if its any good.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

rosegold85
on 9/21/13 5:09 am
RNY on 08/26/13

I'm thinking I'll check it out today. I'll let you know what it's like!

RNY on 08/26/13; 5'10

RNY on 10/21/13

I had it for breakfast yesterday and it was pretty good. I'm still pre-op so I'm not sure how the carbs would affect you post-op. I had the one with the packet of nuts and cranberries you mix in. If you left those out I'm sure the carbs would be even lower. It was rather dense, though, but could easily be thinned out with water or skim milk. 

momjan
on 9/21/13 10:38 am - Canada

Never tried them, but they sound like they are high in carbs and high in sugars.  I know that I never even bothered trying any carbs until well over a year after surgery.  After all, why push a good thing (no carbs) if you don't really need them?  Once you start on the carbs it is a lot slower weight loss in most cases so.....your choice.  Even now, three years out, I very rarely eat carbs.....quinoa and ground flax, almond meal, etc., for breakfast, but not oatmeal, not white flour (very, very occasionally a piece of bread I can get that only has 9 g carbs and 40 calories per slice).  I don 't do potatoes, rice, pasta.  If I want a pasta type dish, I use Shirataki noodles or slices of zucchini as a substitute.  Go easy on adding all the 'goodies' to your food intake; you really, really don't need them.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 9/21/13 1:51 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I tried it and it's disgusting to me lol.

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

rosegold85
on 9/21/13 3:37 pm
RNY on 08/26/13

Well I didn't make it to the store today to get it. I'm really focusing on my protein anyways but I just thought I'd get some people's opinions who have tried it. Thankfully I live with a garbage disposal that eats anything that I don't like/can't eat, lol. 

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

RNY on 08/26/13; 5'10

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics