Surgery on Monday...Going through a crappy caffeine withdrawl now :(

NurseBrandy
on 9/21/13 9:07 am

I know that it will be worth it....but for today the caffeine (diet coke) withdrawl stinks! Im on all liquids for 2 days before sugery, Im ok with the lack of food but the diet coke part is hard. After day 3 I should be good...

MzQ
on 9/21/13 9:19 am
RNY on 09/23/13

Yay we are entering the loser's bench on the same day! What time is your surgery? I was way addicted to caffeine so I made a deal with my NUT to cut back a little every other day until I was caffeine free. I haven't even had any decaf coffee yet. That didn't stop the headaches though but I know that was r/t to lack of food.. only 2 days of liquid diet? I am on Day 8/10. I wonder why surgeons vary so much?

NurseBrandy
on 9/21/13 9:31 am

I go in at 6:30 a.m. How about you?? Yeah only 2 days pre op liquid diet, thank goodness! 2 weeks after though. Are you nervous for Monday? I'm overall excited, but have a few of those thoughts of "should I really do this". They are short lived, but I do have them.

MzQ
on 9/21/13 10:01 am
RNY on 09/23/13

1030 AZ time; arrival @ 0830. I will be full liquids for 2 weeks.. I have never been more excited about cream of wheat!  I haven't had moments of should I do this but I have briefly thought maybe I should get the sleeve...but then I remember the reasons I selected RNY. Its just the nerves. I am excited and anxious. I have been busy cleaning and packing the kids stuff that today has flown by. I will be getting a mani/pedi tmrw in an attempt to stay calm. 

NurseBrandy
on 9/21/13 11:16 am

We will have to keep in touch for our updates :) I thought for a short while about going with the sleeve, but decided that RNY was best as well :) I just hope and pray for no complications. Im ready to get into the gym and attack this new journey!! Woot Woot.

MzQ
on 9/21/13 9:46 pm
RNY on 09/23/13
Yes defintely!! I know I can't wait for gym time either. Tmrw is the 1st day of our new lives..and we deserve it!
Professor Sonja!!!!
on 9/21/13 1:50 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Can you drink diet iced tea?  The hospital gave me coffee the day after my surgery.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

jensieck76
on 9/21/13 2:17 pm - TX
I waited about 3 weeks after my surgery and I was good to go on my coffee. I gave up alot of things but I must have my coffee. Or someone will pay!!! LOL I kiss my diet coke too but I haven't gone back on those.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

kim_pei
on 9/21/13 10:02 pm - Canada

Ahhhh all this I have to look forward to lolol...I have my first consult Nov 6 and am so excited to get to the Losers bench with all you guys!  All the very best and let us know how you get along and a speedy recovery!!!!

baepage
on 9/21/13 10:34 pm - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I had to do a 2 week liquid diet before surgery, that sucked so bad!!!  Your caffeine withdrawals will taper down.  I started on coffee (decaf) shortly after surgery, now 5 months later I have 1 - 2 cups of regular coffee everyday........yum.  Good luck on your surgery, it will all be worth it soon.

Barbara

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views