Regaining....need a restart!!!!

Calif_Princess
on 9/20/13 7:24 am - Louisville, KY

HELP!!!!  I've regained 30 pounds and I feel like crap.  I had lots of trouble with drinking over the last 3 1/2 years but I've been sober now for amost a month and I'm ready to get back on track.  Can anyone reccomend a good protien shake for getting back on track?  I really need some help...I'm creeping back up to where I was before surgery.  :(

Thanks and have a great weekend!!!

Melissa

~Melissa~
Start 286/Current 265/ Goal 150

ItsMyTurn
on 9/20/13 7:40 am
RNY on 08/28/13

Pre-op I liked Atkins. I tried Pure Protein yesterday and couldn't keep it down but its way more protein in 12 oz.

250/193/150
Heaven is where you'll be when you're okay right where you are. (Borrowed from a friend)

Calif_Princess
on 9/20/13 7:45 am - Louisville, KY

Thanks!!!  :)

~Melissa~

Mary Catherine
on 9/20/13 7:53 am

The most important thing to do is to make a plan and be realistic.  One pound a week is great progress and if you want to lose 30 pounds, that is 30 weeks.

You need to cut out the carbs and concentrate on lean dense protein.  Easier said than done.  When you buy groceries spend most of your time in the meat department.  Chicken, beef, turkey, and fish. 

Have some salad, but no bread, rolls, rice, potatoes. or sugar. No fruit and very few vegetables.  It is very hard at first and gets easier after the withdrawal stage.  Make sure to weigh everyday and concentrate on losing. 

Do not drink protein shakes.  You do not need to have a quick source of adding calories to your body, you are quite capable of doing that and dense protein will fill you up and keep you satisfied, where shakes will run right through you.

Ceithlenn
on 9/20/13 8:34 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

I am not a fan of thick shakes unless they are dressed up.. So my favorite is Nectar Fuzzy Navel with 8 oz of water that has a squirt of tangerine mio or orange sunrise crystal light it tastes like sunny D and only 100 total calories with 25 g protein 0 carbs. 

Jacob H.
on 9/20/13 10:26 am - CA

Congrats on staying sober. One day at a time

True victory comes at the very end, when you can say, " I lived, and will gladly do it again." View "failure" as a setback, and meet each accomplishment with a larger goal.

Afroditi
on 9/21/13 1:00 pm

I like Bariatric Fusion Chocolate blended in the osterizer with a cup of milk.

Calif_Princess
on 9/23/13 5:17 am - Louisville, KY

Thank you everyone for your posts!!!  I guess why I asked about protein shakes is because they're easy to have for breakfast and lunch and I won't have to worry about what to eat, at least for 2 meals.  I think it will be very hard to cut out all fruit and most veggies since eventually I'd like to work my way back to being a vegan.  But eating mostly meat right now I guess I can do.  I know I really have a problem with break and sugar right now...so sad...  :(  What would you suggest to eat for breakfasts and lunches?  I really have no creativity for this sort of thing....ARG  Does anyone have any good high protein cookbooks that they can recommend?  I really need help with meal ideas....no wonder I'm making my way back up the scale...geesh.....

Thanks again, everyone!!!

Melissa 

~Melissa~

punkalicious8
on 10/5/13 12:36 am - Broken Arrow, OK

I'm in the same boat as you sister! I am 3 1/2 years out and I have gained 30lbs. So I am with you. I gotta get myself back on track. I am not very creative with meals either and I usually have a protein shake for breakfast at least. I really like the RTD Premier Protein. I usually by them at Sams and they are about $18 for 12- I think. Congrats on your sobriety. One day at a time, right. Good luck to you and hopefully I'll see you back on the loosing side.

Calif_Princess
on 10/9/13 1:15 am - Louisville, KY

Hi!!!  Thanks for the encouragement!!  I hope we can both find the answers to get back going in the right direction.  I'm not a real good cook and I guess it's because I don't have much interest in it.  What's weird is that after my surgery I lost some of my ability to smell and taste things and it's never come back...so maybe that has something to do with my lack of enthusiasm for cooking or experimenting with food at all.  :(  I've recently started eating a non-fat yogurt with some nonfat cottage cheese and blue berries for breakfast.  Not very exciting but it has some protein in it, at least. 

Good luck to you too!!!  Like you said, one day at a time for sure!  :)

Melissa

~Melissa~

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views