Nightmares??

jenmcg
on 9/20/13 4:11 pm - MN
RNY on 09/16/13

Since I've been home from the hospital (Weds), I've been having pretty nasty dreams. The problem is, it's not just when I'm "asleep", sometimes, when I wake up in the middle and close my eyes, I still "see" creepy ass stuff. I assumed it was because of pain killers (after the ER doc doped me to the gills Weds evening, I got home and when I opened my eyes, there was a mist in my bed room....super weird. Tonight I haven't had any pain meds...but I still had a really bad nightmare and was super incoherent upon waking. Has anyone else experienced bad dreams after surgery? Maybe it's because I feel like crap that my brain dialed into "24/7 scare your pants off" channel? 

Lori F.
on 9/20/13 8:25 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

I was exactly the same way.  I also relived them when I would close my eyes, but I contribute that to an overactive imagination - same reason I can'****ch scary movies :)

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Jenn C.
on 9/20/13 8:47 pm - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13
When I had my son I did. I had an emergency c section that I was put under due to me feeling them open me up(umm..yeah!) So the pain was 10x worse had I just had a spinal. I had night terrors!!! I woke up screaming, its even noted in my file that on day 2 I was given dilaudin(spelling?) and I was "convulsing" but tests came back normal and everyone I know that gets seizures say they don't know they have them. I knew I was shaking. I hope you feel better

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

proudmami135
on 9/21/13 12:40 am - OH
RNY on 09/16/13

I wouldn't say I've been having bad dreams, but just some totally weird, screwed up dreams. And if I wake up, they seem to pick up right where they left off when I go back to sleep. Hubby thinks its from the pain meds... but I don't know. 

Agosto
on 9/21/13 12:45 am

Nightmares are a secondary effect of the narcotic component in some pain medications, (Tylenol #2 and #3  for example) They will eventually go away. Medications, have what is called a "life time".  They  stay in our systems and are still active  for some time after the last dose- until the drug is metabolized  and excreted completely. I hope this helps! 

jenmcg
on 9/21/13 4:00 am - MN
RNY on 09/16/13

Just weird. Never experienced it before. If it's still going on I'll talk to the wls shrink when the time comes. Maybe I need a nightlight. I sleep during the day okay, but nights are bad. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?