19 months post ops How much are you eating?

Strjen
on 9/21/13 1:42 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

I have been absolutely awful here the past several weeks. I've been very depressed here lately & stopped logging my foods & eating all the wrong things. I even started drinking more often. I normally only drink once or twice a year. In the past month or so I'm drinking 1-2 times a week. Just flat out depressed & was wanting to feel numb. I don't expect everyone to understand, but that's where I'm at right now. I've been having a lot of pain the past couple of months. The surgeon thinks I have adhesions kinking off my colon where I had my right hemi colectomy & causing stool to build up & go the wrong direction & staying in that little pocket. They were hoping it would work itself out & break through the adhesions. It's been over a month & it still hurts. Then on top of that from my previous post, my period is so heavy & have decided to have a hysterectomy. I will have that surgery Oct 17th. Just feeling awful & am in pain all the time it seems. I have allowed myself to eat too many carbs, sugars & soda as well as drinking while eating. I've gained 10 lbs in the past month. I have to nip this in the bud. I did not have this surgery to go back where I was to begin with. Starting today things are going to change. I'm just wondering those of you who are 19 months post op, how much are you eating? I'm thinking I should be anywhere from 1200-1500 cals a day. I just recently had an endoscopy done & cat scan & the Dr had not said anything was stretched so I'm hopeful. Just really depressed & angry with myself for this. Time to get a grip.

I'm pretty much wanting to be accountable to you all & myself, as this website & the people here have been a great deal of help for me when I needed it.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings & I wish you all the best.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 9/21/13 4:04 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

My hysterectomy was liberating for me.  No more horrific heavy periods, no more pain, no more worries.  I'm 13 months post op and eat 1300 calories a day.

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

proudmami135
on 9/22/13 7:59 am - OH
RNY on 09/16/13

I had a hysterectomy in May 09, a few weeks before my 26th birthday. BEST. THING. EVER.  My periods became so painful, heavy, and irregular after my last c-section in 2005, when I also had a tubal ligation done. The hysterectomy was the best option for me since I already had chosen not to have more kids. I felt SO much better afterwards! Good luck! 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 768 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 496 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 274 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 86 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?