A week out!

jenmcg
on 9/23/13 8:05 am - MN
RNY on 09/16/13

I get it why people sometimes freak out with the "omg, did I stretch my pouch already??" posts...I'm a week out today and I can drink without any problems. It goes down so smooth (most of the time) that I'm like "Crap, I drank too much and stretched it!" I still haven't had that "too full" feeling..except for gas...and I'm excited for pureed foods to finally understand the "take one more bite and you'll puke" feeling lol. I went to the gym for the first time since surgery today and I made it a half hour at a good pace before my incisions started to ache. Not a bad start. I think the thing that's surprised me the most since surgery is the horrid, stinky farts. People tried to warn me...but daaaaaaang! Wondering if anyone else suddenly had some insomnia around this point for them? The past few nights I lay awake for hours before I fall asleep...usually, I'm asleep within minutes of getting to bed. Just weird and thought I'd ask. Anywho, hope you're all doing well!! 

http://jenmcgsblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/boom-week-one-down.h tml?zx=be206a85cc30d550

scoobyluvr1
on 9/23/13 8:31 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Congrats on your first week. And dont worry cant stretch your pouch with liquids they run right through

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Sistaital
on 9/23/13 11:22 am

I was having a hard time sleeping too, but it was from the pain meds they put me on, which also made me throw up but the nausea medication I was given made me sleepy, so I guess it evened out! Lol!

I also didnt feel full the first week but by the end of the second week it started.

best of luck to you!

selhard
on 9/23/13 2:08 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

You went to the gym one week out?! You must not be in your 50's cause I wouldn't/couldn't have done that- In fact, the most I did at that point was walking around the house followed by one of three lengthy daytime naps.  I'm guessing you'll do just fine insomnia and all.  

jenmcg
on 9/24/13 12:15 am - MN
RNY on 09/16/13

Thanks guys! I actually feel pretty darn good (Don't tell anyone else that....I welcome any help thrown my way lol)...Thankfully, I'm fairly young for WLS (28) so that's on my side for speedy recovery. I saw one lady was at the gym 4 days out! At that point I was like death lol. Has anyone noticed really bad breath after surgery? I'm hoping it's not just me...hubby was like "wow, you have the most god awful breath now!" Yeah...he's a charmer lol.

KatBee
on 9/24/13 4:22 am

Has your surgeon approved you going to the gym this soon out? Mine would not have approved for a few weeks. 

The bad breath you have is called "keytone breath" It sucks but it means your loosing weight.

The Salty Hag
on 9/24/13 6:43 am
RNY on 05/20/13
Yay, congrats on your first week out!
I had the stinky farts too. All I could think of was the line from The Green Mile "stinky pinky pew pew pew". Luckily, things calmed down after a couple of weeks ****il my gallbladder surgery ).
I also had trouble sleeping. I started taking Melatonin again at some point, don't remember when though, and that's helped things.
You seem to be doing really well, Jen. Cheers!

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

jenmcg
on 9/24/13 9:56 am - MN
RNY on 09/16/13

LOL, Thanks AE! Glad to know I'm not alone. I tried to fart silently and it was anything but. The dog was sitting next to me and he jump, looked at me like "WTF was that!?" and took off. I, of course, laughed hysterically. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 402 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views