Exercise Bike

lmc614
on 9/27/13 11:04 pm

When I started my preop program I was told to start exercising.  Due to my work and family schedule and the fact that walking hurt because of foot problems I bought an exercise bike for my home.  That way I had no excuse not to exercise.  I get up thirty minutes earlier than I used to and spend it on that bike everyday.  It is a regular bike not a recumbent.  Is this just as good as walking?  The last time I lost a lot of weight I walked but where I live it is dark when I get up and we have very humid sticky summers and cold winters.  I just find the exercise bike is so convenient.  I do wonder though if it is just as good as walking? I am now two and half months post op and have lost a total of 58 lbs (23 of that being before sugery) and thank God my foot pain has already left me. 

NDHM
on 9/28/13 8:11 am
Just as good as walking? I don't know. But you're moving!! That's what counts. Congrats on the loss and keep up the good work.
Katie K.
on 9/28/13 10:56 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
You want to get your heart moving, that's what's important. Biking has the least impact on your joints, so if you're not a walker, it's a good thing to do. I don't think one is necessarily better than the other as far as improving overall health.

lmc614
on 9/28/13 11:34 am

Thanks guys, I will continue biking!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views