One year October 15, 2012

Kelly M.
on 9/30/13 5:07 am - TX

Just checking in...Love it here...Thanks all...My only support group...I first walked in at the surgeon weighing 321...Today 190..I will take that...Still a work in progress, I want to meet 150. Bad knees so no walking for me, sometimes I ride the bike, but hurts knees as well. I am thinking knee replacements m a y b e....sometime next year.  I think I might be the only one on this forum that loves my protein shakes...Still drink them. I have no regrets about the surgery, really glad I did not chicken out. Nerves almost got he best of me, I would have been really mad at my self if I did not have this done. I love eating in season, fruits, never liked them to much before, never liked black eyed peas either but my favorite thing is mixing a can of albacore tuna and a can of black eyed peas together and heat it. Sounds gross I am sure but cant get enough..I pretty much stick to the things I should only eat, well for me totally low carb, I choose to eat no bread rice pasta ect.,Its all trigger food for me. Some days I feel like I am really hungry, and I am pretty sure I am...I have a thirst sensation that wont go away so instead of eating I am drinking...I am trying to get over that, Not drinking for thirty minutes after my meals is about all I can do.I have been so much happier since surgery, its been an exciting year watching the scale drop down, getting new clothes instead of the same uniforms I wore before surgery...I pretty much have told all about my surgery and the ones that dont know, if they ask I will tell...Proud to be healthier! I am still a newbie and I learn lots all the time from here, I frequent this site daily, its very informative, interesting and well I guess some times a big soap opera but I would not change anything because with out coming here every day for like 8 months before WLS I would not have done as well as I have done. Thanks for reading my post. Thanks to all, and the ones that are coming up for surgery, I will be pulling for you. This time next year I plan to be at goal...We shall see....Kelly

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

PetHairMagnet
on 9/30/13 5:26 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband and I genuinely enjoy our shakes--but I am a protein shake barista now and make some AMAZING things!! :)

I am so glad to read what awesome progress you've made in a year! My husband will be a year out 18 Oct. Not sure what I am going to do to celebrate that.  What are you going to do to celebrate your anniversary!?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Kelly M.
on 9/30/13 6:03 am - TX

Thank you PetHairMagnet! Well until now I have not thought about celebrating...I guess I just might have to buy me a new bottle of cologne! I love cologne! Thanks...anyone have a new scent they like? Congrats to your husband.

E R.
on 9/30/13 6:27 am - Switzerland

Wow! You have lost a lot of weight! Congratulation! I am sure you will meet your personal goal in the next few months.

RNY:  4 June 2013

Kelly M.
on 10/1/13 12:01 am - TX

Thankyou...!

illinois Gama D.
on 9/30/13 6:35 am

congrats!! .. I love, Estee Lauder Beautiful and Elizabeth Arden Red door, love them both:)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Kelly M.
on 10/1/13 12:00 am - TX

Thank you! I also like Beautiful...!

debbysjourney
on 9/30/13 7:44 am, edited 9/30/13 7:44 am
RNY on 10/14/13

Congratulations Kelly!!  Sounds like you have a great handle on eating the right foods, staying away from your trigger foods,etc) those are mine too (except the rice)...lol   I'm sure your goal is within reach soon!

I just started my 2 week liquid diet today, so my anniversary will be close to yours.  Surgery date is Oct 14th.   It is so motivational to read the post op stories!  Thanks for sharing!  :)  

Oh yea, and I've always loved Beautiful, such a treat to get.  

Debbie  

Kelly M.
on 9/30/13 11:59 pm - TX

Thank you. I am excited for you ! It has been great and I had no complications! Keep us posted after your surgery!

selhard
on 9/30/13 10:47 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Still doing the protein shakes here.  Do you experiment with them, too?  My latest kick is adding slightly unthawed frozen chunks of garden-grown beets.  I have switched from baby spinach to baby kale.  I hardly ever add sweetner anymore.  I will stay with Unjury protein powder--the best.  With shake in hand, here's a toast for your's, mine, and everyone's first year. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 347 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 474 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 391 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 36 views
Recent Topics