pre-op liquid diet

Lianne D.
on 10/1/13 6:20 am - Burnsville, MN
RNY on 10/14/13

Soooooo I started my pre-op liquid diet and I will on it for 2 weeks. surprisingly It hasn't been that bad but I'm only day 2 of 14 and I can feel my stomach rumbling and I really don't want to cheat. I know every surgeon is different but I really need some advise about what I can have. They didn't really specify ONLY clear liquids so is it ok for me to have full liquids like strained soup. I was given a sample menu and it did include pudding, applesauce and sugar free pops/ jello but its just not enough....... Also is ice cream considered a liquid?

angeleigh
on 10/1/13 6:27 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

For mine it was 4 shakes a day, plus i could have pudding, jello, Italian ice, broths, and that was about it. I chewed a lot of gum, and drank a lot of water. After 4-5 days it isnt to bad. Try to stay busy. If your drinking 3-4 shakes your body will not starve its what we call head hungry. You just want to chew something. So gum was good and the Italian ice. And stay away from high calorie stuff like ice cream. I was told to stay under 1000 calories, so with 4 shakes that put me right at 900. Now i did cheat once and eat a hard boiled egg on day 6 or so and I felt so bad after ward.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

ebtiger24
on 10/1/13 11:16 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with
I had protein shakes for most meals. We could have yogurt. I also had tomato soup. We could also have jello.

debbysjourney
on 10/1/13 2:25 pm
RNY on 10/14/13

I'm on Day 2 of 14 also.  My directions are 2 protein shakes a day and 1 low fat small protein meal.  I've had about 2 oz of grilled chicken strips and 1/2 of low fat cottage cheese.  It helps to eat some real food, but will probably switch to total liquids as I get closer.   But i'd be lying if I said I wasn't hungry.  It will get easier, I hear, I hope.   Just keep thinking of the good we are doing for our health.  

Debbie  

PetHairMagnet
on 10/2/13 1:13 am
RNY on 05/13/13
I would call with specific, suggestive questions. May I have water based tomato soup? Because if your nutritionist is not super, you could get a no to a blanket question, such as May I have soup?
If you can eat pudding and applesauce I would be surprised if you could not have soup.
And I truly hope you were kidding about ice cream.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 124 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?