33 hours to go!! I now get the value of 2 week liquid diet

Catie780
on 10/12/13 12:05 pm
Ok. Anyone who has seen my last couple of posts will see that I am all over the map on the two week liquid diet thing.

But I had a major revelation that I need to post. I had to run through CVS to get something in the back if the store. I ran through the candy aisle( all filled with the regular stuff plus the Halloween stuff) and it didn't even register until I got to the back of the store that I NEVER even noticed any of the candy. I didn't care , want or need to pick up a little of this or a little of that. I was not thinking of eating or hiding from food because I have been so conditioned these past two weeks to not think eating food.

Wow. Last week I wouldn't have believed this could have happened. And to top it off I was really able to move quickly because I have no inflammation because I have been very very low carb as well. My arthritis doesn't hurt, my skin looks better- although it's dry as sand - but it's healthier. It is amazing. Thanks, for giving me a place to grow a little over the last two weeks. If this forum wasn't so super supportive -//well I just don't know!! Thanks, so much.
Dukemom
on 10/12/13 8:21 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

What day is your surgery?  I'll be sending you healing thoughts, and positive thoughts for you and your medical team!

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing!!

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

newgal
on 10/12/13 9:36 pm
I to am on a liquid fast. I'm just finishing my first week and starting the second tomorrow. My Surgery is on 10/21. I had my pre-admission with the doctors on Friday and I asked the Dr. if I could have a piece of chicken on Fri night as I was going to a reverse raffle that I paid for including the dinner. He said that he would prefer me not to. So I went to the reverse raffle and followed his directions. I gave my dinner away to someone else that was there. People at the table said that they couldn't believe how good I was. I told them I'm just thinking of what is at the other end for me. Anyway it really didn't bother me. I have been using the Unjury Protein and I love it. I mix 1/2 and 1/2 of the unflavored and chocolate with 1% milk and a little ice and put it in my blender. It's great. I also use the Unjury chicken soup with lukewarm water for lunch at work and it seems to do the trick for not getting sick of the chocolate drink all of the time. I figure if you are having surgery you need to follow your doctors orders. I went to a support group the other night and people were talking about how they ate during their two week fast. I just dont' get it why not follow what your doc tells you to do. You are just hurting yourself in the end.
Catie780
on 10/13/13 4:03 am

Hi. I am scheduled for Tomorrow  Monday 7:00am. All prayers welcome !!!

Love the giving away chicken dinner story. Yeah for you ! 

PetHairMagnet
on 10/13/13 8:31 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Good for you!!

Was your surgery date moved up? It looks like you are scheduled in January, but 33 hours to go means you have an Oct date now? If so, YAY!!! If I am totally missing something--sorry!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 379 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 105 views
Forum Search Error & 404