7months post op and Freaking Out

Megan S.
on 10/8/13 3:00 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

Ok, as of yesterday I was 7 months post op, I'm down 70lbs and loving life.  The down side, in all of this time I have never hit a stall, I have lost every week, even if it was a lb. Then all of a sudden this week, nothing, didn't move at all and that scared me so bad. I started second guessing everything, did I eat something wrong, too many calories? Did I not exercise enough or hard enough? I hate feeling like I'm going to fail at this too. I do keep logs on my fitness pal of what I'm eating, but to be honest, I don't know at this point how many calories or carbs I should be limited to. I usually take in 1000-1200 calories a day. Any advise would be great cause I'm freaking out over here!!!

~Megan

Ms_Silly
on 10/8/13 3:14 am
My dietitian said a 1200 calorie diet is what I should consume (but no morethan that) once I get further out and forever. I read about stalls a lot. It will pass, be patient
chulbert
on 10/8/13 3:16 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

My advice is to change nothing.  It's a stall - they happen - and it will pass.

poet_kelly
on 10/8/13 3:41 am - OH

It is amazing that in seven months, you've lost something every single week.  It's very normal not to lose every week.  Stalls are normal, too, when you go a month or more without losing.  If you get this stressed out, I would stop weighing yourself so often.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mzlaura
on 10/8/13 10:19 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

We eat about the same but the last month due to my gastritis i am eating more like 700-900 calories on a good day. Most of my calories come in from protein bars and shakes though. We are surgery buddies only 2 days apart and i think it's cool especially the fact that we are both down 70 lbs! I feel like i was left in the dust with all these people down over 100 lbs already glad to see someone around my weight loss for 7 months out. I am sure your dealing with water retention or just a week or simply not losing. I have lots of those. Last week i lost about 3 lbs and the week before a pound.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

PetHairMagnet
on 10/8/13 10:40 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, Megan S. wrote:

Ok, as of yesterday I was 7 months post op, I'm down 70lbs and loving life.  The down side, in all of this time I have never hit a stall, I have lost every week, even if it was a lb. Then all of a sudden this week, nothing, didn't move at all and that scared me so bad. I started second guessing everything, did I eat something wrong, too many calories? Did I not exercise enough or hard enough? I hate feeling like I'm going to fail at this too. I do keep logs on my fitness pal of what I'm eating, but to be honest, I don't know at this point how many calories or carbs I should be limited to. I usually take in 1000-1200 calories a day. Any advise would be great cause I'm freaking out over here!!!

~Megan

Your nutritionist should give you guidelines of what you should be taking in, you should not be guessing. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Mary Catherine
on 10/8/13 11:58 am
Megan,

You are doing fine. To figure your daily calories for life, multiply your goal weight by 10. If you want to stay at 130, then you will end up sticking to 1300 for life. You can eat less now in the losing stage, but 1300 is your final goal.

Many days you might not want that much to eat. Carbs are something you will learn on your own. Many keep their carbs low. Dr Atkins preached low carb since the 1970's. He said low carb gave you a 10 percent advantage over high carb. So for the same time frame, a person eating low carb would lose 10 pounds but would lose 11 pounds if they stayed under 100 carbs a day.

LilyBugsMommy
on 10/8/13 10:32 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Hi Megan,

Here is the info provided to me when I visited the Nutritionist in Ottawa:

At least 90g of Carbs, 14-25g of Fibre and 60-90g of Protein each day.

Aim for 900 cals on non-exercise days and up to 1200 cals on exercise days. If you have a really hard work out, you may want to increase your carbs a bit too and be sure to eat at the higher end for protein.

Hope this helps :)

You may want to confirm what is good for you with your centre.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Megan S.
on 10/8/13 11:27 pm - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

Thank you all for your replies!!!

~Megan

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views