A mixed up kind of day

karin602
on 10/11/13 7:33 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

The last couple of days have been weird - light headed, dizzy which had really been coming on for about a week but got really bad over the last two days.  So went to the CRNP at my primary's office.  Failed the lying/sitting up blood pressure test - dropped 30 points.  Her verdict dehydration and got mad that I had driven myself there.  Had to call my daughter to take me to the ER which took up most of the day getting IV fluids.  That was not fun.  Thought I was drinking enough but obviously not.  So onto the good part.  First got on the scale and found onederland - finally!  Then the ER doc told me I wasn't big enough to have just had RNY.  So two goods, one not so good.  But am home now and drinking.  Not 100% but getting there

Karin

TurnThePage
on 10/11/13 11:35 am

What an idiotic thing for the ER doctor to say. Apparently he has no bariatric training--or tact.

Glad to know that you are taking care of the dehydration. Take good care of yourself.

Katie K.
on 10/12/13 2:55 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I have to get around 100 oz per day or else I get dizzy. Even then it's iffy. Had 122 the other day and still had to hang onto the wall the next morning.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views